Toll Clock Centre

BigMouth

What fantastic news, the Toll Clock Centre under new ownership. It’s been a sad sight for too many years, from the lacklustre paint, buckets catching the water leaks, automatic doors that don’t work properly, mats in the entrances that look like they have been chewed around the edges, well beyond their lifespan, and the main signage with a missing E. There are some great shops and a great cafe in there, The Olive Tree, and I am looking forward to the investment that our captains of industry, who have bought the place, will bring to it. Shetland deserves an exciting indoor shopping opportunity to bring money back to the Isles, instead of going online to the giants such as Amazon.

Stand back and prepared to be amazed at the pace of change.

If the shops on the high street up and down the country are anything to go by with many well known stores closing,and many properties lying empty or being converted into flats, I would think that the Toll Clock Center might well struggle to make ends meet, but wish everyone involved every success..

It will not be cheap to refurbish the buildings, but ma'be there is some "funding " available .  

I think the Toll clock differs from the High St with three businesses in particular:

Scalloway butchers, decent quality meat and great service

Scoop, wide selection of interesting food, including artisan breads, and drink not commonly available, and great service

The Olive Tree, best coffee in town, great cakes, soup and sandwiches, free wifi and great service