Sullom Voe Terminal

Colin

Its particularly perverse when the same media outlet is running another story about the potential of SVT closing their power station and buying in electric from either VE and/or the national grid, to help 'emissions' (their bank balance?).

Continue burning off potentially energy giving resources to the air, polluting it, on one hand, and talking about closing down a facility that does provide energy in favour buying energy from a yet to be constructed concrete, plastic etc jungle of behemoths and a near 200 mile heavy copper line, with the emissions cost that follows it, on the other.......EnQuest's PR company are gonna have to put their best bods on the job to make that fly as one......

Edited by Ghostrider

Am I not correct,that the future of SVT depends on whether they send the oil from the Clair Oil Field (2) to Sullom Voe or load it offshore.

If SVT dosn't get this oil,it might not be viable to keep it open and then they will not require a power station,or very little power at all..

I agree that the energy from the flare stack could surely have been "captured" and used for something ,rather than being wasted and causing more pollution , but it is something I know very little about.