Alistair Carmichael "slammed for taking £10k from billionaire arms dealer"

Davie P

^Some years ago it would seem that Alisdair Carmichael told a wee story that almost poisened the leader of the S.N.P, Ms Nicola Sturgeon. He then stated, clearly and in public, that he would no longer staying in politcs and at the next vote he would be gone for ever.

He did not do what he stated that he would do.

Legally he's done nothing wrong, but ethically...?

Edited by George.

I suspect that this latest attack on Alastair and the Lib Dems is motivated by the frustration of diehard SNP supporters.

I would respectfully suggest that they take a long hard look at the sheer hypocrisy involved here.

It's not long ago that the SNP's "simple crofter" and investment banker Ian Blackford was asked about his chairmanship of a company that was involved in arms sales and which paid him over 3 grand a month for about 2 hours work.

And let's remember the SNP threw much more money, £100,000 in fact, into their fruitless attempt to get into the Northern Isles.

It's time for the SNP to get the message: "We don't want you."

^This is the Shetland version of Godwin's Law: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler The SNP approaches 1".

I struggle with how you state that ,despite the growing support for the SNP in Shetland, it translates as, "We don't want you"... when clearly a growing number do.

I suspect that this latest attack on Alastair and the Lib Dems is motivated by the frustration of diehard SNP supporters.

On 4 April 2015, during the general election campaign Carmichael was involved in the leaking of a memo from the Scotland Office about comments allegedly made by the French ambassador Sylvia Bermann about Nicola Sturgeon, claiming that Sturgeon had privately stated she would "rather see David Cameron remain as PM", in contrast to her publicly stated opposition to a Conservative government.

Never forget his apologies and, of course, his statement that he would never be involved in any form of politics ever again, made by him in 2015.

Edited by George.