black lives matter

sorry you don't read the guardian probably the best newspaper on the shelf non profit no Rupert murdocks to dictate its direction.

Are you positive that The Guardian works on a non-profit basis?

Available for everyone, funded by readers

The Guardian Proves That Free Has Failed

this says that they are trying to take in enough to keep the newspaper going not to make a profit

(***admin edit - please only quote the section of text you are responding to rather than the whole discussion ***)

I don't read The Guardian..

Anyway, before it limited my "experience", I only saw one reference to P&O with no additional information.

Did I miss something ?

sorry you don't read the guardian probably the best newspaper on the shelf non profit no Rupert murdocks to dictate its direction.  Also it must be forgotten the massive part p&o played in the heroin trade which caused untold misery in the east and enslaved the population into addiction and misery.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ZyikV4Kspy8C&pg=PA123&lpg=PA123&dq=p%26o+plantation+owners&source=bl&ots=9Unf_ZADNw&sig=ACfU3U3uXmilMr0bjDUT3TAKDBU6-Vj2pQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj1t4mTk_PpAhXKSxUIHZGwBIIQ6AEwC3oECBAQAQ#v=onepage&q=p%26o%20plantation%20owners&f=false

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=47vEDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA102&lpg=PA102&dq=p%26o+plantation+owners&source=bl&ots=xO2C5NkWdP&sig=ACfU3U3c-8la-2ZzgA1XHc3v-omQ6w0eZQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj1t4mTk_PpAhXKSxUIHZGwBIIQ6AEwEHoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=p%26o%20plantation%20owners&f=false

http://www.inmotionaame.org/texts/viewer.cfm;jsessionid=f8302302041591615254079?id=1_035T&bhcp=1

https://www.obv.org.uk/news-blogs/caribbean-nations-demand-slave-reparations

Ok, I wasted(?) 20 minutes of my life on the links you posted.  (The 3rd one doesn't work by the way) and I could find no reference to Arthur Anderson being a slave trader and only brief references to P&O.  Plenty of non-related conspiracy theories and opinion though. 

Is he "guilty by association" perhaps ?

I already knew about P&O shipping opium from India to China etc.  A morally bankrupt process that was perfectly legal(?) at the time.

Edited by admin
tidying up nested quotes

surely amazing grace a song written by a former slave trader as an apology is not to be banned nobody is suggesting knock down buildings but making people walk under Arthur andersons name everyday when some of them may have ancestors that suffered or died because of the slave trade seems unjust.

So What, he is remembered for his transport company and boats were likely crewed by slaves,

White people were forced to join the navy at that time regardless of weather they wanted to or not.

The slaves Black or otherwise were enslaved by other Africans who are responsible for their enslavement.

on the Caribbean plantations countless Irish indentured servants died whist working and were treated more harshly.

In fact indentured servants were often just abductees who pirates sold into indenture under false pretenses and indentured servants who finished the time limit sometimes got re-abducted several time over and were never freed.

most people cant name their parents ancestry 5 generations back.

Some did bad things but many are remembered for the other things that weren't bad.

Some of my ancestors were killed or striped of property for begin catholic and somewhere Indians mistreated by the British East India company.

But to pin down a specific individual who mistreated a person who i descend from would take an enormous amount of research and the people who did that are bloody skeletons at this point.

But Maybe that's why BLM is attacking random tombstones as of late, 

[image removed from quoted response]

https://eu.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2020/06/04/powdersville-cemetery-vandalized-graffitied/3150248001/

Maybe i don't feel the need to dwell on misfortune of a distant ancestor whose misery has little to no effect on the people alive today and i don't wallow in self pity and beg for reparations because if you have to go back further than your Great grandparents you are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

i also see lots of people blaming Slavery for the misdeeds of black protesters,

Ok why wasn't this happening in the 1900s or even the 1950s?

the rise in crime seems to coincide with the rise of Single mothers, many of the black families were poor and a larger percentage on welfare.

Lots of reasons but you get more money as a single person than a couple many households split up,

Same thing is happening to poor white families just a larger percentage of Blacks were poor so it was more apparent on them first.

Besides this plenty of examples of people from these groups that have made something of themselves and raised a family well.

Would it not be more beneficial to encourage them to follow this example.

I think the rabid Scottish nationalist Nicola Sturgeon should apologise to me for that.

Perhaps the rabid British Nationalist could explain, clearly and concisely, just what Ms. Sturgeon should apologise for? 

Same thing that happened to Black people

other bad things do  not make honouring somebody involved in the slave trade ok.

Edited by admin
images removed from quoted response

(***admin edit - please only quote the section of text you are responding to rather than the whole discussion ***)

Ok, I wasted(?) 20 minutes of my life on the links you posted.  (The 3rd one doesn't work by the way) and I could find no reference to Arthur Anderson being a slave trader and only brief references to P&O.  Plenty of non-related conspiracy theories and opinion though. 

Is he "guilty by association" perhaps ?

I already knew about P&O shipping opium from India to China etc.  A morally bankrupt process that was perfectly legal(?) at the time.

guilty by association?  he was one of the owners of p&o it was an extension of himself how is that guilty by association p&o where involved in the slave and herion trade ergo he was involved in it

Edited by admin
tidying up nested quotes

George Floyd is being glorified but the real truth is he has a "chequered" career,off course this does not warrant the brutality that he received in the hands of the police.

Lets face it we are all being brainwashed to one way of thinking but every coin has two sides.

I do not condone brutality but he is not the kind of fellow that I would shed many tears for,immaterial of his color. 

https://greatgameindia.com/george-floyd-criminal/

other bad things do  not make honoring somebody involved in the slave trade ok.

By that logic all the dedications honoring George Floyd should be removed and painted over due to his criminal past!

and for the same reason BLM should be disavowed due to the burglaries and arson attacks associated with it.

Its more a political gang than a racial gang full of White Baizuo, seriously the Klu Klux Klan probably has more black people as a percentage of members than BLM does

Are you 'seriously' putting that forward as a point, or are you trolling?

FullSizeRender1-768x317.jpg

Its more a political gang than a racial gang full of White Baizuo, seriously the Klu Klux Klan probably has more black people as a percentage of members than BLM does

Are you 'seriously' putting that forward as a point, or are you trolling?

BLM is full of White people Virtue signaling,

https://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2020/06/09/student-calls-for-isles-to-play-active-role-in-stamping-out-racism

A student is writing to public bodies serving the isles as part of an effort to ensure Shetland plays an active role in giving racism the boot.

Fraser Tait is contacting Shetland Islands Council’s chief executive with a call for a four-pronged approach to ensure the chances of any improper attitudes or behaviour gaining a foothold in the isles are immediately stamped out.

The 21 year-old scholar of Edinburgh University has already gathered over 60 signatures to his open letter to Maggie Sandison, and is hopeful of attracting more.

He also intends to dispatch the letter to NHS Shetland and local police representatives.

Mrs Sandison has insisted robust measures are in place within the council and insisted there is no place for racism within the authority.

It follows the launch of a local organisation in support of the pressure group Black Lives Matter, which has gained momentum in light of the international outrage over the death of George Floyd.

The new group Shetland Staands wi Black Lives Matter is planning to stage a number of lockdown-friendly walks this weekend.

So what are their demands from Shetland?

• Foster a community which calls out those who discriminate against minorities.
• Hold folk accountable for their actions.
• Educate people to understand the “inhumane” realities of the British empire.
• Put in place zero tolerance

What does this have to do with Police misconduct in the United States?

we already have "Hate Speech" laws and the fact that academia keeps producing people who are constantly apologizing for being white is enough proof awareness has already been raised.

they feel the need to do this virtue signaling because they are struggling to find any "racist" to fight.

To be honest we should just hire some Nigerians to role play as White supremacists so these "academics" can get their fix of playing cowboys and Indians with "the racists" it worked for Jussie Smollett

nigerian-jussie-smollett-cnn-glasses-whi

These people are pretty much the white version of Dave Chappelle's Clayton Bigsby a Black White Supremacist or Uncle Ruckus from The Boondocks.

51mynMKkufL._AC_SL260_.jpg

Here is What Amazon is promoting for Audible at the moment, here is a review.

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 9 June 2020
I think racism is a serious issue but I don't think making sweeping generalisations about any group of people is really going to solve the problem. It just comes across as a 'all white people are racist and they have to dismantle their privilege otherwise they a complicit in white supremacy' kind of rhetoric. Sure give it a read if you are really intent on wallowing in your white guilt but I wouldn't recommend it,

What we are seeing is an existing movement that has capitalized upon the opportunity,

Have you wondered why the anti Lockdown protests got heavy handed response but BLM gets a free pass.

Edited by NullVoid

I don't follow the logic of your posts. They appear to be jumbles of text and images and repeated postings of the "I'm sorry I'm white" video.

A genuine request - can you summarise what your point is/ points are?

My point is That BLM is just Virtue signaling and opportunists taking advantage of the chaos.

Thank you.

I'm sure there is an element of virtue signalling and opportunism with BLM, as there is with many other causes, but surely it's a stretch to say BLM is no more than that?

A group is defined by its majority, we don't have a proper census of BLM "Members" and it is so loosely organized wheat constitutes "Membership" is a debate in itself.

All lives matter and Blue [Police] lives matter are inspired movements that don't have the same baggage but BLM seems to find criminal activity to be justifiable so long as it is "For the cause"

The riots have caused some police departments to retreat and at least 1 instance of Territory being calmed and formation of an Autonomous zone is known to exist.

5ee005b285f54002bc33cfcd.JPG

After police in Seattle, Washington retreated from the Capitol Hill neighborhood, protesters took over the abandoned ‘regime’ precinct and erected barricades to mark an ‘autonomous zone’ for several blocks around it.

Six blocks of downtown Seattle have been declared the ‘Free Capitol Hill Zone’ or ‘Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone’ (CHAZ), according to area activists that have taken control of Seattle PD’s East Precinct, on 12th Avenue and E. Pine Street.

Journalist Julio Rosas tweeted out photos from the ‘Zone,’ including flyers demanding that Seattle PD be defunded, and declaring that police “will always be racist because capitalism requires inequality.”

Its funny to see soy boys building their own Berlin wall when a few years ago the leftists in America chanting

"No boarders, No wall, No USA at all"

Will this end like Catalonia or will it end like the Paris Commune?