black lives matter

Blackface has had it's day. Much as I dunna condone it I dunna tink laws and bans irna da wye forward. Dir is very few folk I ken dat are actually racist, and labelling and mibee criminalising dem for being oot-o-step we modern tinkin winna help. Much better tae educate folk, explain da context o blackface and let folk mak dir ain minds up. 

While people are allowed to categorise humans as black or white this will always be divisive. Perhaps banning tags on people to describe a race or colour should be banned first. Being of peasant stock I am pretty sure that my forebears were more sinned against than sinning. I for one do not feel in the least bit of guilt for being a 100% British white.

I see da Shetland Times are hivin a vote on da subject.

https://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2020/06/10/poll-should-blackface-be-banned-from-all-up-helly-as

I'm no sure whether parliament or da Shetland Times will be able to persuade some o da squads and committees wan wye or da idder!

The Shetland Times have now deleted the poll after a fierce backlash on social media. From the comments I read the general tone was that the subject was so cut and dried that it shouldn't even be discussed. 

I think the wording of the poll was clumsy - you either had to support a ban or not, and the poll was sitting at 27% who opposed a ban the last time I saw it.

I support the broad objectives of those campaigning against blackface in UHA, but it's worth noting that a group of people with a strongly held opinion has just forced a local media organisation to close a poll / discussion, effectively shouting down and disenfranchising those who don't share their opinion. 

Edited by Davie P

The Shetland Times have now deleted the poll after a fierce backlash on social media. From the comments I read the general tone was that the subject was so cut and dried that it shouldn't even be discussed. 

I think the wording of the poll was clumsy - you either had to support a ban or not, and the poll was sitting at 27% who opposed a ban the last time I saw it.

I support the broad objectives of those campaigning against blackface in UHA, but it's worth noting that a group of people with a strongly held opinion has just forced a local media organisation to close a poll / discussion, effectively shouting down and disenfranchising those who don't share their opinion. 

But, isn't that they way that some people operate ?  Stifle discussion and scream so loudly that they get the attention they crave...

Personally, I do no like having my agenda set by a clique of self satisfied "influencers".  Much prefer to make up my own mind on things.

Ban this, ban that, ban everything you can because someone "objects" or is "offended" or someone else is "outraged".  Why so many rules ?   Are we going to ban the government or police from referring to people as "IC3" or "IC1" etc.  or is it "OK" for the "authorities" to do it and not the rest of us ?

The undeniable fact is that ;

People come in a variety of different skin colours. 

You cannot "ban" that from happening.

They won't stop using whatever means they can until they achieve dominance and the virtual enslavement of the white US population. Their revenge won't be sated until the tables are fully turned. Whether its viewed as deserved or a gross over-reaction to historical events, most of them now heading in to ancient history, is also a rather moot point, as whatever it is, its a recipe for civil war.

A classic retort to any group that are campaigning for equality, and one that is worth unpacking.

You claim that the BLM objective is to turn the tables to achieve dominance. That implies you believe that “the white US population” is currently dominant. Is that status quo one that you support?

Do you believe all groups who advocate for equality in fact have an agenda for dominance and/or revenge? If not, how do you know which groups are actually campaigning for equality and which have a hidden agenda for dominance?

Why does it imply I believe that 'the white US population is dominant'?

For the record, I don't believe 'the white US population is 'dominant'. The entire legal population of the US should be equal, as that is where the statutes of the country are at. Any imbalance in 'dominance', whether its in colour, creed, race or whatever, which may exist is down to shortcomings in the application of relevant legislation or in the content of that legislation itself.

No, I don't believe every group seeking equality in some way for somebody or something automatically have a secondary/hidden agenda of dominance and revenge. Every such group needs to be assessed individually based on the evidence available.

BLM do not speak for all Americans of African descent, a great many go to great pains to dis-associate themselves from them, if not condemn them outright. BLM is a very visible and vocal sub-set of Americans of African descent, and there is plenty of evidence of their intent and that of their typical supporters for revenge and dominance which stretches back decades, at least 40 years, if not longer.

They won't stop using whatever means they can until they achieve dominance and the virtual enslavement of the white US population. Their revenge won't be sated until the tables are fully turned. Whether its viewed as deserved or a gross over-reaction to historical events, most of them now heading in to ancient history, is also a rather moot point, as whatever it is, its a recipe for civil war.

A classic retort to any group that are campaigning for equality, and one that is worth unpacking.

You claim that the BLM objective is to turn the tables to achieve dominance. That implies you believe that “the white US population” is currently dominant. Is that status quo one that you support?

Do you believe all groups who advocate for equality in fact have an agenda for dominance and/or revenge? If not, how do you know which groups are actually campaigning for equality and which have a hidden agenda for dominance?

Why does it imply I believe that 'the white US population is dominant'?

For the record, I don't believe 'the white US population is 'dominant'. The entire legal population of the US should be equal, as that is where the statutes of the country are at. Any imbalance in 'dominance', whether its in colour, creed, race or whatever, which may exist is down to shortcomings in the application of relevant legislation or in the content of that legislation itself.

No, I don't believe every group seeking equality in some way for somebody or something automatically have a secondary/hidden agenda of dominance and revenge. Every such group needs to be assessed individually based on the evidence available.

BLM do not speak for all Americans of African descent, a great many go to great pains to dis-associate themselves from them, if not condemn them outright. BLM is a very visible and vocal sub-set of Americans of African descent, and there is plenty of evidence of their intent and that of their typical supporters for revenge and dominance which stretches back decades, at least 40 years, if not longer.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-population-immigration-idUSN1110177520080212

A general point on posting videos and links to articles:

Please make sure they are relevant and where practical provide summaries and/or key quotes so people can decide whether to invest their time further engaging with the content.

and....

Don't use unnecessary and/or long quotes - When using the quote function, only quote the parts of a previous post directly relevant to your reply. Unnecessary quotations make page lengths excessive and unwieldy to navigate

There is no need to quote the whole post made immediately prior to yours. Doing so breaks the flow of the conversation and forces people to re-read posts

Alternatively, use a "^" symbol (to indicate you are refering to the post immediately above yours), use "" (to indicate you have truncated a long quote) or just post a reply!

Diversity or war says EU cheif . 

Europe will become more like the US and the US will become more like Brazil

civilizations that hate themselves will extinguish themselves and civilizations that don't care will replace them.

In China research is being done into the genetic basis for intelligence,

In the west it is heretical to imply anything besides upbringing determines your intelligence.

Funny how this all kicks off in America just a few months before the election complete coincidence off course .

There is a great deal of Overlap with BLM and Defund the Police/Police abolition movement.

The City of Seattle has allowed itself to have a Territorial loss to "Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone" a defacto micronation and the Governor of Washington has expressed his disinterest in retaking the zone.

800px-Flag_of_the_Capitol_Hill_Autonomou

Seattle is run by the opposition party who likely actually want a "Bloody Sunday" to help with their party’s election campaign.

A Nikkita Oliver has some political office there and a Raz Simone is a known individual who has been recorded acting as a self appointed sheriff and taxes/protection money is allegedly being demanded not by him but by some other group in the zone.

The statement form the President to the opposition governed "Take back your city NOW. If you don't do it, I will. This is not a game."

But The Union must overrule the state prior to doing this the federal administration can however give direct orders to the United States Postmaster General.

I believe it would be in the best interest of the republicans to encourage a blockade simply instructing all transport, postal and haulage companies circumnavigate the area staring with the USPS, other businesses will follow suite.

If they are to turn the tide in their favor it should be allowed to grow long enough to be able to put the politicians responsible on trial for treason as that is one way they could use this trap to their advantage, because people worried about this happening to their neighborhood will see the opposition politicians cheering it on.

1522603719247.png

Edited by NullVoid

All lives matter,no one is better than anyone else but lets be honest we all know people with who we would not wish to associate and that has nothing to do with their color.

There is good and bad among us all,no matter where we come from but we have to earn our place in society,and be able to express our views freely to gain respect and trust.

Parading and protesting,damaging public property and disobeying government guidelines that are in place to protect us all,does nothing to diminish racism,but in my opinion makes it worse. 

Sincerely hope Enoch Powell is never proved right with his rivers of blood speech but the attitude in the UK is certainly not good at the present time and many folk will eventually retaliate,they will not be pressured..