black lives matter

Parading and protesting,damaging public property and disobeying government guidelines that are in place to protect us all,does nothing to diminish racism,but in my opinion makes it worse. 

Sincerely hope Enoch Powell is never proved right with his rivers of blood speech but the attitude in the UK is certainly not good at the present time and many folk will eventually retaliate,they will not be pressured.. 

His prediction does not take into account a cultural shift wherein this sort of thing could be self inflicted.

People are less patriotic today and that’s both the left and right.

On the Right its because the government is too far left and against its own people,

On the Left its because of “White privilege” and slavery or something.

The result is absolute indifference to their country, they may feel strongly about their kin but not country.

What are “British Values” or “European Values” in the 21st century?

Whatever the cancel culture and cult of being offended on behalf of others say they are.

7e3c9e6538f8c7e1d357477228f2e475.jpg

I don't blame the Black people for this because there is so much evidence the local councils and politicians are enabling this sort of behavior.

Look at how Lax the rules have been enforced with BLM protests compared with anti-Lockdown protests,

Look at politicians giving their support and endorsement.

Would this be tolerated f they were a non politically correct group?

It is all about grandstanding and Virtue signaling.

Why when we have the least amount of Gay-bashing and racism is it that we have non stop haranguing about it

They don't care about these groups they pander to but they care a lot about scoring brownie points for doing so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_stack

Have you heard of the "Progressive Stack" ?

Edited by NullVoid

These people that are targeting statues of Churchill should be grateful to him because if Hitler had won the war there would be no protesting over anything, There would also be no Jews etc. and anyone born with defects would not be kept alive. Whole populations would have been enslaved. It does not surprise me greatly as I know people who know nothing about the last two major wars and our history. I do not condone slavery in any form but one has to be careful that history is not swept under the carpet. If history is hidden no one can learn from it.

These people that are targeting statues of Churchill should be grateful to him because if Hitler had won the war there would be no protesting over anything, There would also be no Jews etc. and anyone born with defects would not be kept alive. Whole populations would have been enslaved. It does not surprise me greatly as I know people who know nothing about the last two major wars and our history. I do not condone slavery in any form but one has to be careful that history is not swept under the carpet. If history is hidden no one can learn from it.

It depends you assume the Fascist regime would not Balkanize or a revolution would not take place within its occupied territories.

People who claim to be fighting "Fascism" either have reduced politics to a binary between Fascism and Communism or refer to Social democracy as Fascism.

352.jpg

Above is a 9/11 meme

we wouldn't assume this was created by an Islamist terrorist but likely an occidental person who things it is a laughing matter.

Same thing with the millions of Hitler and Nazi memes online.

But people get arrested over them because that is how the far left nips any challenge in the bud(Using state and institutional power)

You aren't allowed to joke about that therefore people want to joke about that, Because it would be "hate speech".

We have a far left that seems to be decrying everything as Fascism including Churchill,

Boarding up the statue to protect it from vandalism was probably the best thing to to at the moment because it will cost less than moping off tonnes of spray paint "Churchill was a Nazi" over and over again.

There isn't much of a response

I have seen some discussions on "How do we goad BLM into attacking the Karl Marx monument?" but not much else

Edited by NullVoid

This thread has descended into visual spam and random videos. 

Onyhoo, I was pleased to see so many people out and about locally in peaceful support of a cause. And I didn't see anyone breaking social distancing guidelines!

The inevitable violence in other parts of the UK will likely sow more division and be a test of Boris Johnson's mettle.

The focus should be on the real racism and oppression of people living today, not mob rule pulling down statues and monuments with links to slavery off hundreds of years ago.

What about all the atrocities going on around the world today, the Saudi's, Child labour, plundering developing countries of thier recources and the rampant capitalists making a fortune out of the low paid workers in sweat shops with little or no rights.

The removing or changing off statues or monuments should be done but in a civilised and democratic way.

Is your smart phone powered by child labour ?

Read the link below if your interested in modern day slavery and oppression of up to 40,000 young boys and girls working in Cobalt mines for 12 hours a day earning 1 or 2 dollars some as young as seven, who live in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), central Africa.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2016/06/drc-cobalt-child-labour/

Edited by XAM7102

The focus should be on......

Your points are all valid, but they are also 'whataboutery'

That kind of logic would dictate that folk shouldn't protest about anything unless they're going to protest about everything.

Just trying to raise the issue Davie that many are totally unaware off as they are about to buy thier latest gadget.

But fair point your right the logic is flawed. 

Edited by XAM7102

Boris acted very quickly to prevent vandals targeting statues from our imperialist past, it's a shame he wasn't as quick to protect real human beings from Covid 19.

Inanimate objects matter!

I hope the Statue is removed "because it doesn't reflect Londons Diversity" , Not because i am against there being a Churchill statue but because i want to see how long it takes for people to challenge the Ban everything brigade.

Little Britain. Tom and Jerry and a bunch of other Movies and shows are getting removed form streaming services shows like "Cops" were canceled after people submitted to demands of protestors, Why not go further?

List all the statues on eBay to recoup removal costs and haul them out of their locations for all i care.

Keep doing that until the Ban everything brigade gets some pushback