black lives matter

That's not 'equality', that's re-arranging the pieces on the chess board to give 'blacks' something they 'perceive' white's have, but they're finding difficult to quantify/describe or provide evidence for its existence, while wholly disregarding the situation of all other races but 'black' and 'white'.

Imperialism, capitalism and patriarchy are very far from being exclusively 'white' characteristics anyway, its endemic of the human condition, with some 'black' races and nationals being among the most extreme practitioners.

"We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle ANYTHING that disproportionately harms ANY people in Britain and around the world."

^ Now that, I could stand beside, but not that pile of 'we're special we are, us blacks' snowflakery in the quote.

The reason it targets things such as capitalism is due to Marxist entryisim and the fact that many of the activists are not even black, Barely know any blacks and receive most if not all information about them electronically.

Case in point Shaun King or Talcum X

Screen-Shot-2018-05-24-at-12.05.24-AM-80

The reason he went after christian monuments was not to help African Americans who are considerably more likely to adhere to the christian faith,

Its because he is an ordinary white leftist activist riding the wave and milking it, There was even a White woman who became "Transracial" to become head of the NAACP and ride that gravy train to the bank.

Meanwhile there is a movement by some African countries to attract the African Diaspora int he west as a source of investment  to offset the capital flight

Also called Blaxit

A historical example for comparison would be dozens of Europeans of the same religion all moving to the same area of the Levant to establish a country wherein their religion would be the majority.

Like them or not that was a successful endeavor and said country now exists.

I recommend the documentary "This Land Is Mine" by Nina Paley for more on that,

this would be the opposite as its a more spread out area and the aim is supposedly for the arrivals to assimilate into the local culture rather than replace it

If you are interested in this stiff i recommend these YT channels

New Africa

A Nigerian commentator talks about African leaders, recent history and current events

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJH-fn0wLu5uwXX33jNToQw/videos

And Masaman

Mason is an anthropologist who has pretty much covered every nationality you could think of and then some at this point

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1vVNQN-TCy8d3Mb_Owr2Kw/videos

@NullVoid - quoting other folk, throwing up Youtube videos and nebulous links, doth not an argument make, imho.

You sully the waters and muddle the cause.

Where is your original thought?

(and please keep it simple for folk like me who are getting discombobulated with your endless replies).  

You don't see how daft that is? Me thinks you likely do.

Which point?

African Diaspora in the west moving to some of the relatively stable countries south of the Sahara

or

Prominent BLM figures like Shaun king and how they seek to inject partisan politics into the situation.

I also mentioned Transracial Rachel Dolezal who was the president of a chapter of National Association for the Advancement of Colored People

she was white btw

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/13/rachel-dolezal-i-wasnt-identifying-as-black-to-upset-people-i-was-being-me

Its such a nightmare being a minority in the first world that people are starting to go to extreme lengths to become one

@NullVoid - quoting other folk, throwing up Youtube videos and nebulous links, doth not an argument make, imho.

You sully the waters and muddle the cause.

Where is your original thought?

(and please keep it simple for folk like me who are getting discombobulated with your endless replies).  

I thought the "Return" to Africa movement was relevant to BLM and recommended 2 YT channels

1 covering Africa exclusively and another covering the various groups of peoples around the world.

Edited by NullVoid

It would seem more people think BLM is too Partisan/Political.

British Military 'banned from taking the knee' in support of Black Lives Matter movement
"A defence source said: "When they are in uniform, they are not allowed to take part in any political activity. With taking the knee, it is becoming a political movement."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/military-banned-taking-knee-black-lives-matter-a4485596.html

BBC has forbade staff from wearing its symbols and BT and Sky have removed their mandate for wearing them
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/bbc-black-lives-matter-badges-banned-uk-bt-sky-a9597111.html

"Whilst there might be difficulties sometimes dividing the two, our position is clear: politics no, moral causes yes, when agreed. As I said we’re living in special times at the moment."

That policy still runs afoul of neutrality as in contemporary politics it is typically the left that disproportionately makes emotional arguments as wedge issues for identity politics.

Whereas the Right disproportionately uses financial arguments and appeal to disdain/frustration,

Both use “statistical facts” at the same rate just for different things.

The takeaway is that there is a bit of a ruckus over BLM UK weighing in on the Israeli-Palestinian issue, which really has nothing to do with black people or police for that matter ,

besides most of the Black people in that region are the Ethiopian Israelis.

nevertheless this is now a topic of debate associated with BLM

If it was directed at me, then you're wrong.

Where's the 'daft' in it. Enlighten me.

Well I can't talk for Roachmill and I can't be arsed to read back through more than a of a couple of pages of this thread but lets take a look at some of your input from there

First of all on page 17 we find this faulty analogy:

You might as well try and argue that, for example, the Rangers Supporters Club promotes all football with the logic you're using.

And then on page 18 this philosophical masterpiece really made me stop and think:

Meanwhile the orgasmic lefty luvvy fest over BLM seems to being starting to go off the boil now that people are starting to get past the knee jerk reaction stage.

The BBC has told its presenters and guests not to wear Black Lives Matter badges as the campaign was accused of “hijacking” George Floyd’s death for political reasons.

Bosses at the corporation have decided not to allow “visual symbols of support” for Black Lives Matter to be worn on screen, senior sources told The Telegraph.

It comes as a number of high-profile organisations were forced to backtrack on their support for the Black Lives Matter movement as its UK arm publicly criticised Israel and called on the British government to “defund the police”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/01/bbc-tells-staff-not-wear-black-lives-matters-badges-on-air/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr

“hijacking” George Floyd’s death for political reasons." - Waal........no sh*t Sherlock.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/01/controversial-blm-leader-remains-defiant-support-ebbs-away/

.....and even the ass wipe tat sources give 'hijack' a weak nod

https://news.sky.com/story/premier-league-support-for-black-lives-matter-is-not-political-12018544

here you are on the same page believing those spaghetti westerns you were hooked on in the 1970's are true

That'll send the Sioux, Cheyenne and the rest of them on the warpath again when they get to hear of it.

Then Texas will secede and re fortify the Alamo.

and finally here you are declaring from that bastion of pluralism and multicultural diversity, Da Ness, that there is no evidence at all of racial disadvantage in the UK

That's not 'equality', that's re-arranging the pieces on the chess board to give 'blacks' something they 'perceive' white's have, but they're finding difficult to quantify/describe or provide evidence for its existence

Oh joy. Another one liner followed by a link to a baseless drivel post. The self proclaimed free thinkers on here really could do with looking at both sides of an issue once in a while.

Care to add, as is your way, a dribly one line meaningless retort Koy? Or perhaps just keep it to a link to yet another young white far-right male shouting at trees.

Oh joy. Another one liner followed by a link to a baseless drivel post. The self proclaimed free thinkers on here really could do with looking at both sides of an issue once in a while.

Care to add, as is your way, a dribly one line meaningless retort Koy? Or perhaps just keep it to a link to yet another young white far-right male shouting at trees.

The half Korean male in question said:

The officer was immediately fired, arrested, charged with felony murder, what do you want WHAT MORE DO THESE PEOPLE WANT!?

The problem with BLM is that they are too confident in their ideas that they aren't very good when it comes to finding common ground with those they disagree with.

Back in the the late 2000s and early 2010's Atheists like myself were having pointless arguments over religion online,

The stalemate would be that the creationist would be too confident that their ideas are self evidently true without providing a counter argument to our thesis that religion is BolIocks.

Too many cowards ran away when something other than Christianity needed to be criticized and there was a load of cult like behavior with groups bearing names such as Atheism +(by PZ Myers) which was basically " + " partisan politics the BolIocks that was wrong with religion.

i see parallels in the way political discussions go, Booth sides preaching to the choir and mocking the other

Edited by NullVoid

i see parallels in the way political discussions go, Booth sides preaching to the choir and mocking the other

Indeed. I generally come here for some robust and challenging debate which appears to be scarce on 'social' media where discussions seem to comprise exchanges of polarised oneliners, rapidly followed by insults. 

Indeed also. Posting a link isn't debate. I'm genuinely interested in other people's opinions. If I wanted to read stories from the Daily Mail I'd go to the Daily mail website.