black lives matter

This isn't a new controversy. There are no particularly detailed descriptions of his appearance in scripture or other records so it has been largely left to interpretation. 

Depictions of Jesus in different parts of the world tended to have physical characteristics reminiscent of the dominant culture of the area. The dominant culture holds the power and resources - the church is an instrument of power and it takes resources to create and distribute the iconography. 

The most recognisable and widely distributed modern portrayal of Jesus is of a central European man, when in fact he was middle eastern. So there is certainly a case to be made that a light skinned, blonde haired and blue eyed portrayal of Jesus is representative of European cultural dominance and the often violent Christianisation of many parts of the world.

The most recognisable and widely distributed modern portrayal of Jesus is of a central European man, when in fact he was middle eastern. So there is certainly a case to be made that a light skinned, blonde haired and blue eyed portrayal of Jesus is representative of European cultural dominance and the often violent Christianisation of many parts of the world.

Pretty sure he is a brunette in the majority of depictions that go with the European type look,

Even so the area he comes from have had demographic changes since the time that the events described in the literature took place.

Look at the mongol empire and its effect on the genetics of its former territories, same goes for Rashidun Caliphate.

The majority of the Descendants of the Pre-Colombian North Americans do not resemble their ancestors from centuries prior and the same can be said for a large portion of Central Eurasia.

Romans were present in the Literature thus you could not discount the possibility of a European phenotyped mother Mary or the Prophet being the Basẗard of a Roman Soldier.

Update on the banner situation.

Either they are trying to avoid the Streisand effect or they couldn't find anything to pin on them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/burnley-banner-black-lives-matter-plane-manchester-city-crime-police-a9582321.html

The force said it had liaised with Greater Manchester police, the Aviation Authority and the Crown Prosecution Service over the course of the day.
Chief Superintendent Russ Procter said that “after assessing all the information available surrounding this incident we have concluded that there are no criminal offenses that have been disclosed at this time”

~

The club issued a strong statement condemning the banner during half-time and said the perpetrators would be banned for life if identified,
~

“These people need to come into the 21st century and educate themselves, as a lot of us do,”

- Burnley Captain

What does this vision for the 21st century look like?

Perhaps the BLM inspired Autonomous zone is a good glimpse into what’s in store the 21st century

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3a53LkAjMo

https://www.city-journal.org/seattle-chaz

Almost immediately, activists established a social structure based on a “reverse hierarchy of oppression”: Native American, black, and trans women are the highest authority; diversity determines individual social status; and whites are called upon to perform rituals of atonement. Through a series of speeches and community gatherings, activists have sought to implement the social theory of “decolonization,” which, in the words of Black Lives Matter activist Nikkita Oliver, means overthrowing capitalism, eliminating the structures of “patriarchy, white supremacy, and classism,” and returning the land of the autonomous zone to displaced Native American tribes.

In practice, the CHAZ leadership has taken small steps toward reversing the power structure and redistributing resources. Black and Native American speakers have been “centered” in leadership roles in all community meetings, with white audience members asked to “move past guilt or fragility” and “commit to long-term action and accountability.” At one evening event, an indigenous-rights activist with a purple bandana wrapped around his face announced a campaign for immediate small-scale reparations: “I want you to give $10 to one African-American person from this autonomous zone,” he said to a large crowd gathered on a baseball field. “White people, I see you. I see every one of you, and I remember your faces. You find that African-American person and you give them $10.”

Assuming "The Right" doesn’t get sick of putting up useless do nothing Conservatards as their representatives and instead produces an imperialist like Pinochet in the future.

Post-Modernism is the reason so many even some who have only lived in the 21st century are now fawning over the mid 20th century particularly the 50’s due to pair bonding, Social capital, Formation of family units and upward mobility being more common during that era.

21st century:

Downward mobility, lower wages, single mothers, skyrocketing Stds, Transition from Owner occupied to tenant occupied, lockdown, everyone is a wuss, There is a that Reason things like Meta-Modernism is coming to Challenge the current hegemonic Post-Modernism.

Not allowing them representation in a democratic fashion forces them to seek other options,

Edited by NullVoid

I don't respond well to threats and violence, and that's all BLM have given anybody so far as far as it appears.

Nobody is denying there has been some elements of violence on both sides of the spectrum, but your sweeping claim that "threats and violence" is "all BLM have given anybody" is just overwrought nonsense and undermines the points you're trying to make.

Did you feel threatened by peaceful protests in Shetland or elsewhere around the country, or by BLM supporters engaging in widespread debate, or making educational resources available?

If folk feel threatened by that, I suggest they ask themselves why.

Nope, not threatened in anyway, but those weren't exactly contributing much of anything to anyone either, they gave neither those they were protesting in the name of or those of us they were protesting in front of anything of anything.

Kinda in the same league as Calamity, a few photo ops, a few placards, and maybe someplace among it all there was a point to be made once upon a time, but in the BLM's case they lost my support when they chose 'Black Lives Matter' and a clenched black fist as their public logo, in exactly the same way as the KKK lost it by choosing their public face to be dressing up in bed sheets and burming crosses in front of people's houses. One lot are equally as racist and inflammatory as the other.

BLM whine about righting wrongs, but all they bring to the table are symbols of dominance and aggression, talk about mixed messages.

but in the BLM's case they lost my support when they chose 'Black Lives Matter' and a clenched black fist as their public logo.

The fist logo/symbol is over a century old with the fist first appearing around ww1 and the interwar period and this instance has its roots in the way it was subsequently used by the "new left" of the 60s from around the time the "long march" began

BLM represent a useful fifth collum for ends desired by the surviving descendants of these decades old far left agendas and other far left movements such as Fabians.

The decline of organised religion has created a large portion of the population who have a psychological need for religion and the atonement rituals offered by the regressive left sufficiently fill the role organised religion would have filled in previous decades.

"They've already circumvented the legitimate democratic process though mob rule"...

"that's not equality, that's undemocratic dominance"...

"illegitimate dominance by a minority imposing their will upon the majority and destroying democracy"...

Wonder if the Suffragettes felt the same or those who marched for gay civil rights, now I'm thinking about it, has any major political reform been achieved without some form of protest to spur it on? Edited by Capeesh

Either they are trying to avoid the Streisand effect or they couldn't find anything to pin on them. 

Or perhaps the police looked into it and found no crime had been committed, and your earlier points about right wing freedom of expression being curtailed by the police and everyone else was a little partisan and over dramatic.

Or perhaps the police looked into it and found no crime had been committed, and your earlier points about right wing freedom of expression being curtailed by the police and everyone else was a little partisan and over dramatic.

Oh yes, must be partisan bias its not like there is legal precedent that in the UK can be established by comparing cases such as:

Scottish equivalent of Tor Borg and his dog Jackie

Munroe Bergdorf race row_incident

Bahar Mustafa race row

Twitter Joke Trial

Honestly I don't have energy to talk about the racial violence of white people any more. Yes ALL white people... Because most of ya'll don't even realise or refuse to acknowledge that your existence, privilege and success as a race is built on the backs, blood and death of people of colour. Your entire existence is drenched in racism. From micro-aggressions to terrorism, you guys built the blueprint for this s***. Come see me when you realise that racism isn't learned, it's inherited and consciously or unconsciously passed down through privilege. Once white people begin to admit that their race is the most violent and oppressive force of nature on Earth... then we can talk. Until then stay acting shocked about how the world continues to stay f***** at the hands of your ancestors and your heads that remain buried in the sand with hands over your ears.

Perfectly legal despite meeting any rational interpretation of hate speech laws.

My girlfriend is always ranting and raving about how cute and adorable her wee dog is so I thought I would turn him into the least cute thing I could think of, which is a Nazi."

Arrest, dragged through a lengthy court process and fined appeal unsuccessful!

The UK has an Anti-humour bias and a pro Hate bias as long as the bigot is left wing!

Edited by NullVoid