Rainbow Flag

Watter

LGBT organisation Stonewall with their rainbow flag  has been at the forefront of getting political change for their supporters and are continuing to do so .. At the present time the Scottish government are considering laws which could fundamentally change the way we view men and women this is being fiercely debated by both sides ie J K .Rowling row  . By flying this flag the SIC is clearly sending out a message which side its on . This is all about politics the SIC should not be seen to be taking sides . 

Edited by Watter

The rainbow flag is a symbol of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer pride, and LGBTQ social movements. Personally, I don't see that as being in any way political.

It depends the old flag is now a far right symbol of segregation

the-rainbow-flag-is-the-newest-hate-symb

the new flag includes Black and brown but i don't see any attempt to include the French colour, though the white in the latter flag symbolizes transsexuals or half of it does

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46860693

512px-Philadelphia_Pride_Flag.svg.png

Some include a triangle/arrow for SocJus

1280px-Rainbow_flag_%28%22Progress%22_va

Edited by NullVoid

I parked up at the swimming pool car park today and clocked the flag. It made me smile as I don't think showing support for those on the end of unjustifiable abuse is wrong. It's OK not to be anything other than heterosexual Watter; just as much as it's OK to not be.

Should the SIC be flying the Rainbow flag which is clearly a political symbol  ? Surely the SIC as an organisation should be politically neutral and not fly flags of one side or the other .  

If you see it as a 'sides' issues, what would be the other side to supporting LGBTQ+ folk?

The SIC should keep it's nose out of things that are none of it's business. 

The flag is just "grandstanding" by a bunch of "right on" politically correct  numpties and has no place representing the people of Shetland (who may, (or may not) be opposed to the LGBT agenda.

Please do elaborate on what 'agenda' you think the flag represents.

Edited by Davie P

The SIC should keep it's nose out of things that are none of it's business. 

The flag is just "grandstanding" by a bunch of "right on" politically correct  numpties and has no place representing the people of Shetland (who may, (or may not) be opposed to the LGBT agenda.

Please do elaborate on what 'agenda' you think the flag represents.

I assume he means those in the Right side of this Venn diagram

hqdefault.jpg

Conservatives are useless idiots who would rather focus on non-issues like consensual gayness,

But do nothing about Sex changes being pushed on 5 year old's often by organs of the state.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/treatment/

there is a reason for the "And then one day, for no reason at all" meme

To be quite honest NullVoid, I'm not going to watch a 13 minute YouTube to try to decifer what you mean. Perhaps you could explain your point?

I have no idea what your "And then one day..." link is meant to mean either. Perhaps you could take then time to explain the "reason" you seem to expect us to deduce from your link?

To be quite honest NullVoid, I'm not going to watch a 13 minute YouTube to try to decifer what you mean. Perhaps you could explain your point?

That they have goals superficial to accepting, embracing or tolerating the groups named in their Acronym.

this kind of thing is so common it has a name "mission creep" 

You'd need to ask a more specific question though that Venn diagram pretty much summed up most of what is to be said already.

Edited by NullVoid

So 'they', as in people who support LGBT rights, are marxist and/or some form of extremists with a hidden agenda??

I support LGBT rights (insomuch as I believe they should be treated without discrimination), so does that apply to me?

Edited by Davie P

So 'they', as in people who support LGBT rights, are marxist and/or some form of extremists with a hidden agenda??

I support LGBT rights, so does that apply to me?

Im saying that a small group " marxist and/or some form of extremists with a hidden agenda"

is piggybacking on a larger group "people who support LGBT rights" which includes most people!

Most people don't care weather or not gay people just have their relationships in peace unless they think they can gain some political capital from it.

things superficial to equal treatment are bundled in and automatically given the seal of approval by those who only see the headline but not the article.

OK, what are the superficial things I am giving the seal of approval to?

Virgin+female+vs+trans+chad_e89904_68619

At the present time the Scottish government are considering laws which could fundamentally change the way we view men and women this is being fiercely debated by both sides ie J K .Rowling row  . By flying this flag the SIC is clearly sending out a message which side its on . This is all about politics the SIC should not be seen to be taking sides . 

2 examples

1. Human Sexual Dimorphism Denial

This is why Trans athletes should be allowed to replace natural females in women's sports,

Because it disproves their argument!

And YES they should not be required to get any surgery or checks because chauvinistic totalitarian states like China will force it upon people for their "Women's" team

2. Transsexual prepubescents

We don't even consider children mentally capable and responsible enough to decide if they want a tattoo or even to buy alcohol and tobacco, Yet Hormone replacement therapy is a step that a child could take?

Transsexuals are trendy right now and children are easily influenced,

There is a great deal of pageantry surrounding LGBT that is likely what the kids are interested in most heterosexual women seem to like it too.

They have not gone through puberty it is only after puberty that you begin to realize what your sexuality is.

so i don't think pushing Hormone replacement therapy on "Drag Kids" is a good idea.