Rainbow Flag

Watter

I don't support all of that, so how is it I am giving it all the seal of approval?

Thats my point,

What i mentioned is in the fine print and not the headline.

when people who advocate for those things it will be packaged as Diversity and tolerance

Asda teamed up with partner charity Diversity Role Models to create a home learning pack for primary school children for ages three to 11, which was sent out to Asda customers and includes the controversial phrase in a section on challenging racism.

Sounds reasonable Who is going to argue against Changeling racism and promoting diversity, but that's not what caused a stir.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/asda-sparks-furious-paedo-backlash-22201608

its almost as if people supporting everything with a diversity and tolerance label unquestioningly has lead to shady opportunist entryisim.

So you think I'm not capable of reading the fine print, and because of that I'm supporting things I don't actually support?

No im saying the Flag originally mentioned has become associated with many different groups and movements

thus

Rainbow flag which is clearly a political symbol  ? Surely the SIC as an organisation should be politically neutral and not fly flags of one side or the other

If you say you support the groups that advocate for these issues,

When somebody says that they support an activist group advocating for something rather than just saying:

They support Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transsexual freedom to go about their business peaceably.

Activist groups under the banner originally mentioned are deferential to ideas alone but too many judge a book by the cover.

and just to be clear i am not accusing you personally of anything im just arguing your points with counter arguments.

identifiable advocacy groups are responsible for putting up flags and symbols not the groups they have become the self appointed leaders of

and just to be clear i am not accusing you personally of anything im just arguing your points with counter arguments.

Yeah, I'm fine with that. I chose to discuss in the 1st person as I am a part of a group you are making generalisations about.

No im saying the Flag originally mentioned has become associated with many different groups and movements

As with many symbols, there will be groups who will adopt or subvert it. However, in this case I believe the core values that the flag represents are clear and understandable enough that the flags' use does not imply support for specific groups or sub-causes.

b6dyvumixn731.jpg

As with many symbols, there will be groups who will adopt or subvert it. However, in this case I believe the core values that the flag represents are clear and understandable enough that the flags' use does not imply support for specific groups or sub-causes.

the flag is nothing but a meaningless platitude to almost everyone.

i think the point being made is that its presence is an indicator of a particular political faction.

groups like Stonewall already mentioned but i dont know if they were involved in this instance so there is a concern that if one group can have influence others can follow and this leaves a vulnerability to subversion.

As for the "Good" symbolized by the flag should we not put the matter to bed and replace this with a more contemporary issue?

There is no law against being gay and the only worthwhile contemporary issues of marriage worth pursuing is the shared property clause/alimony which both ought to be abolished.

and visitation rights for divorced parents who did nothing wrong besides get the short end of the stick in the settlement.

Abolishing the governments role in marriage altogether and make it purely ceremonial might even be the way to reverse the trend of declining marriage rates.

What political faction?

Its a bit of a nebulous group but for the sake of giving it a consistent definition

For clarity lets define the "LGBT agenda" as:

Goals of the movement besides those that pertain strictly to legality and acceptance of groups mentioned in said acronym.

and LGBT Rights

as mere acceptance of those groups right to peaceably do onto each other whatever they mutually consent to.

For the purposes of making a distinction

The SIC should keep it's nose out of things that are none of it's business. 

The flag is just "grandstanding" by a bunch of "right on" politically correct  numpties and has no place representing the people of Shetland (who may, (or may not) be opposed to the LGBT agenda.

It's a shame we could not raise the Norwegian flag a few weeks ago,a flag more worthy of recognition than the multicolored rag that has been above the town hall in recent days.

The Town Hall is not the place to show off this type of flags.

What political faction?

Its a bit of a nebulous group but for the sake of giving it a consistent definition

For clarity lets define the "LGBT agenda" as:

Goals of the movement besides those that pertain strictly to legality and acceptance of groups mentioned in said acronym.

and LGBT Rights

as mere acceptance of those groups right to peaceably do onto each other whatever they mutually consent to.

For the purposes of making a distinction

The SIC should keep it's nose out of things that are none of it's business. 

The flag is just "grandstanding" by a bunch of "right on" politically correct  numpties and has no place representing the people of Shetland (who may, (or may not) be opposed to the LGBT agenda.

Here's are some possible scenarios

1: The SIC comprises decent, empathetic people who are "marking [their] commitment to dignity, tolerance and respect" for LGBTQ+ people by flying the flag. The decision was taken by elected representatives on behalf of residents of Shetland. If members of the public disagree that these are values the SIC should be promoting then they have many democratic avenues open to them to make their views known.

2: The SIC have a covert agenda to promote "superficial" issues such as "Human Sexual Dimorphism Denial" and "Transsexual prepubescents". This agenda was drafted and is being actioned without the knowledge of the public, and the SIC are flying the flag to covertly signal this covert agenda.

3: The SIC are being manipulated by unknown groups through supporting a "headline" when in fact they are unwitting giving the "seal of approval" to a range of other issues. This is because the SIC and Shetland public haven't read the "fine print" which explains why they are supporting issues that they actually don't support. This fine print is freely available on alt-right websites and YouTube videos.

It's a shame we could not raise the Norwegian flag a few weeks ago,a flag more worthy of recognition than the multicolored rag that has been above the town hall in recent days.

The Town Hall is not the place to show off this type of flags.

What do you mean by "this type of flags"?

What point are you trying to make by referring to the rainbow flag as a "multicolored rag"?