Scottish Government's proposed Hate Crime legislation

Watter

NASA haven't found 'offensive' planets, nor will they be changing their names! They're ditching some out-of-date nicknames, as they've done previously, and will be using the International Astronomical Union names instead, as most other organisations already do.

Re: "Eskimo Nebula". Inuits (meaning 'people' in native language) don't like being called 'Eskimo' because the word has derogatory roots and was used by racist colonisers. Call it 'woke' if you want. I consider it to be common decency, and sensible standardisation. 

And don't believe everything you read in The Sun. That headline is laughable and misleading. You and The Sun have both chosen to highlight the word "offensive", and as far as I can see no-one at Nasa used that word.

NASA haven't found 'offensive' planets, nor will they be changing their names! They're ditching some out-of-date nicknames, as they've done previously, and will be using the International Astronomical Union names instead, as most other organisations already do.

Re: "Eskimo Nebula". Inuits (meaning 'people' in native language) don't like being called 'Eskimo' because the word has derogatory roots and was used by racist colonisers. Call it 'woke' if you want. I consider it to be common decency, and sensible standardisation. 

And don't believe everything you read in The Sun. That headline is laughable and misleading. You and The Sun have both chosen to highlight the word "offensive", and as far as I can see no-one at Nasa used that word.

Is the Observer more your cup of tea . There is a term for a collasped star which i can see could be so problematic i wont even mention it as i dont want a visit from the SNP's speech police. I wonder what the new term might be i am sure they will come up with something more PC . All the books containing these offensive terms especially schools books will have to be removed and replaced with the offensive terms removed .     .https://observer.com/2020/08/nasa-racist-star-name-changes-hq-name/

Edited by Watter

^ I suppose we can expect a meltdown fro millennials and loony lefties in Shetland demanding the Scalloway pier and the road fro Scalloway to Gulberwick are renamed immediately. Will dey mind ta include da bit inatween Tingwall an Weisdale in dir demands tho, dey better, ur dey'll be proven demsells ta be racist hypocrites.

So, how are you supposed to describe the financial performance of a profitable enterprise these days according to PC doctrine, I would suspect 'in the black' is going to have to go by the wayside very soon if all this crap gets taken any more seriously.

I see NASA have gone full WOKE as well apparently they have found ''offensive '' planets and plan to change their names . I am sure the SNP will heartily agree with that . https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12348357/nasa-to-remove-offensive-names-from-planets-and-galaxies-to-make-space-more-inclusive/

Just as well that NASA do not control anything significant in this respect.

I would hate to think how they might re-classify general astronomy with all it's White Dwarfs, Red Dwarfs, Brown Dwarfs, Red Giants, Blue Giants etc.  After all, the stars are NOT going to change their colour or size just to suit them (NASA).

What they would do to Black Holes doesn't bear thinking about.  :ponders:

I think that there are a lot of people out there who need to take lessons in the "bleedin obvious".

I see NASA have gone full WOKE as well apparently they have found ''offensive '' planets and plan to change their names . I am sure the SNP will heartily agree with that . https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12348357/nasa-to-remove-offensive-names-from-planets-and-galaxies-to-make-space-more-inclusive/

I do not think the S.N.P will heartily agree with anything to be found in The Sun. I think that they would prefer something a little more educational. After all, then it may well be worth reading.

Just as well that NASA do not control anything significant in this respect.

I would hate to think how they might re-classify general astronomy with all it's White Dwarfs, Red Dwarfs, Brown Dwarfs, Red Giants, Blue Giants etc.  After all, the stars are NOT going to change their colour or size just to suit them (NASA).

What they would do to Black Holes doesn't bear thinking about.  :ponders:

I think that there are a lot of people out there who need to take lessons in the "bleedin obvious".

Larger issue with the SocJus ideology.

Things that don't relate to Racism and or sexism are Anthropomorphised by projecting human and or animal characteristics onto lifeless things to enable one to look at them through the lens of Racism and or sexism .

this helps augment the supply of racism and or sexism which they need to find more of for their agenda.

Changing words has been par for the cause for over a century

Some o you guys are amusin. Wan o you posts a link tae a story in a right wing comic lik da Sun or da Daily Mail and exaggerates whit it says, den folk add dir ain exaggerations to each idders exaggerations and you aa get your kickers in a collective knot.

Wan minute NASA is drappin twatree past-dir-sell-by-date nicknames, next minute dey've discovered offensive planets, da next minute folk are worryin aboot being arrested for saying 'black hole' by a police force dat doesna exist, and dis is aa da fault o loony lefties and snowflakes.

It most be ootwearing being so easily offended by folk you're accusin o being easily offended. I don't suppose you see da irony though.

Not my Parliament.

The liberal snowflakes stateside seemed to think it should work for them when they were chanting 'Not my President', so I figure its worth a punt this side of the pond too.

I wonder if this could be considered a racist attack on the non citizens who do vote in Scotland but aren't entitled to vote on UK wide ballots?

02445de58993b47677756221b17f217a.jpeg

Since this process is just to give the heads up before they pass it anyway perhaps we should figure out ways of goading it's would be proponents into breaking this law by perhaps presenting ourselves as a "group" covered by the law but detested by its advocates