Scottish Government's proposed Hate Crime legislation

Watter

I didn't chose the URL that's a Flyer I got when I changed my address from the electoral registration officer 20 ZE1 0lX

^Personally, I would find it rather dififcult to register at www.gov.uk/. After all, I believe that's where the foreigners live.

That may be although somebody could jump the gun and interpret and report that as anti Semitic or anti diversity as considering the differential demographics of Scotland/England  and Westminster /Holyrood.

Anything that is open to interpretation is open to potential offense and offense is taken not given.

Some o you guys are amusin. Wan o you posts a link tae a story in a right wing comic lik da Sun or da Daily Mail and exaggerates whit it says, den folk add dir ain exaggerations to each idders exaggerations and you aa get your kickers in a collective knot.

Wan minute NASA is drappin twatree past-dir-sell-by-date nicknames, next minute dey've discovered offensive planets, da next minute folk are worryin aboot being arrested for saying 'black hole' by a police force dat doesna exist, and dis is aa da fault o loony lefties and snowflakes.

It most be ootwearing being so easily offended by folk you're accusin o being easily offended. I don't suppose you see da irony though.

This relies on an assumption that its all supposed to be taken seriously, rather that rippin da pee pee.

I didn't chose the URL that's a Flyer I got when I changed my address from the electoral registration officer 

[www.gov.uk/] It may well not have been the U.R.L that you chose, but it was the one that you used. A reply would be interesting.

whats to say

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/msps-give-scots-prisoners-foreign-21541343

The passing of the Scottish Elections (Franchise and Representation) Bill means that foreign nationals, including refugees, will be allowed to vote in both Holyrood and local council elections.

Fantastic News, Now in the future when a piece of legislation that is popular with the actual residents of Scotland but angers the government of some other nation say for example the PRC they can just have a large group of their citizens show up to get registered and vote punitively against those who pushed it.

Normally this strategy uses diaspora for example Recep Tayyip Erdoğan encouraged Turks with dual citizenship living outwith Turkey to show up on election day to dilute the voice of the people who actually live there even running campaigns in the Netherlands.

Surely nothing bad can happen from just anyone being able to stay in Scotland for a week and get themselves on the electoral role, if they claim no-fixed address when they go home they can get a ballot when they come back,

Mass immigration is totally not all about a ballot stuffing/scorched earth policy against representative democracy and preventing future campaigns of Industrial action, Its about the pensions or something.

How many *Scottish nationalists* are closeted masochists?

Edited by NullVoid

I didn't chose the URL that's a Flyer I got when I changed my address from the electoral registration officer 

It may well not have been the U.R.L that you chose, but it was the one that you used. A reply would be interesting.

As opposed to what somebody else puts up as a quote regarding what I've said:

[www.gov.uk/] It may well not have been the U.R.L that you chose, but it was the one that you used. A reply would be interesting.

When I look at what I had to say, it does not include, "[www.gov.uk/]. When somebody else quotes me, it is included. I wonder why?

When I look at what I had to say, it does not include, "[www.gov.uk/]. When somebody else quotes me, it is included. I wonder why?

Added it to save requoting this,

^Personally, I would find it rather dififcult to register at www.gov.uk/. After all, I believe that's where the foreigners live.

The edit did not change the context and added [square brackets] which are "used to enclose words added by someone other than the original writer if pertinent" when quoting.

Whats your point?

Edited by NullVoid

^What you put forward as being a quote, was not a quote. It was what you chose to put forward Please justify. In any way at all that you feel capable of.

Here is my Justification

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/square_bracket

used for various purposes, e.g. to enclose text inserted or replaced by an editor

Dwelling on this petty detail is a diversion form the original point of votes being diluted thus creating a threat to self determination in a democratic sense

Thus #NotYourParliament

Not my Parliament.

The liberal snowflakes stateside seemed to think it should work for them when they were chanting 'Not my President', so I figure its worth a punt this side of the pond too.

Here is my Justification

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/square_bracket

used for various purposes, e.g. to enclose text inserted or replaced by an editor

A very large suggestion that sqaree bracket justifies altering what you used to alter what you obliterate what you have continued to claim is a quote. We all too often come across those and such as those that don't have a clue and often known as "illiteracy."

Please stay away from all that I write, I will be all too proud to happily do the same.

I've heard a lot of rumours about that site, allegedly nothing but shady claims and shonky deals.

Agreed. Yet another good reason to stay at home and hope that the rain stays off, while Boris proudly puts his guff forward as fact. I don't think that he's the only one that gets up to it, though :???:

No such thing as "bad" publicity, and cheap at £800.  Seems to have backfired on him though.  Maybe it's time he realised that he just isn't funny..

I doubt whether Mr Meechan is guilty of a "hate crime" though, as I thought that you needed to "target" a person or entity to do that.  More an act of crass stupidity in the current politically correct climate.

"Meechan, known as Count Dankula, said the video was a joke and argued his conviction put limitations on free speech."

The real crime(?) here is that, if you think you have been wronged, it costs a LOT of money to get "justice"