Jo Biden (& US Election)

In a shocking twist of events, one Richard Hopkins:

An employee at the United States Postal Service (USPS) has admitted fabricating claims of ballot tampering in Pennsylvania, after being interviewed by USPS investigators.

Richard Hopkins' claims had been cited by Republicans backing Donald Trump's baseless claims of widespread voter fraud in the US presidential election, and the USPS worker had even been given close to $140,000 in donations from GOP donors.

He had alleged that a postmaster in Erie, Pennsylvania had told postal workers to backdate ballots which had arrived too late to be counted in the election.

However, while being interviewed by investigators, Hopkins quickly changed his tune, and recanted his allegations of ballot tampering, before signing an affidavit for the US Postal Services Office of Inspector General.

That's not to say all substantiated claims of wrong doing are false but, if you're going to claim wrong doing in such an OTT manner, it's perhaps an idea not to cast immense doubt on said claims by getting caught fabricating your own.

In a video released of someone claiming to be Richard Hopkins (who knows?) the guy is now denying he "recanted" his statement. He doesn't deny spilling his guts; merely that he didn't recant his statement(s)

I shall now get back to my facepalming.

joe.co.uk?

Joe and UK in the URL hmm sounds very impartial and close to the location in question!

Changing his tune is moot as he could have played both parties really since both have incentive to bribe him,

a double agent turned triple agent or the other way.

Either way truth should not fear inquiry!

Why haven't i seen any Biden supporters confidently welcome these as if there is nothing for them to worry about then simple scrutiny should not cause his supporters to get their panties in such a knot.

Just wait and see what comes of these inspections and contesting of the results.

Edited by NullVoid

Changing his claim is certainly not a moot point... at all. But feel free to dismiss it if you don't like it. And, yes, joe.co.uk isn't the most impartial of sources, but I'm sure you noticed I looked beyond what they were reporting - hence the twitter video.

"truth should not fear inquiry" is quite correct, as you say. Fabricating truth, alternative facts and other such BS, however, should most certainly fear it. For example... I've seen videos purporting to show postal voter fraud with large boxes of ballots being collected "days" after the polling station doors closed. In reality, they were ballots being legally collected the morning after election night. It wasn't hard to find this out - so why make stupid claims which only damage your goals?

Who could be so desperate and unbothered about making an honest case? Here's one such person and a corresponding fact check from Reuters. Said person does have history in making such false and ill considered claims on a whole range of topics.

Changing his claim is certainly not a moot point... at all. But feel free to dismiss it if you don't like it. And, yes, joe.co.uk isn't the most impartial of sources, but I'm sure you noticed I looked beyond what they were reporting - hence the twitter video.

"truth should not fear inquiry" is quite correct, as you say. Fabricating truth, alternative facts and other such BS, however, should most certainly fear it. For example... I've seen videos purporting to show postal voter fraud with large boxes of ballots being collected "days" after the polling station doors closed. In reality, they were ballots being legally collected the morning after election night. It wasn't hard to find this out - so why make stupid claims which only damage your goals?

Who could be so desperate and unbothered about making an honest case? Here's one such person and a corresponding fact check from Reuters. Said person does have history in making such false and ill considered claims on a whole range of topics.

Anything against the claims is likely to be deemed bias as will anything against.

And since you are scrutinizing possibly cherry picked videos from trump,

I could post a segment about Rudy Giulianis thoughts on the matter as he is more articulate than Trump or a pundit who doubts the election results and you would point out the source not being neutral,

That does not prove that the contrary sources don't also have their own biases and since you picked the example of the postal worker i could also say that you have cherry picked an unreliable source to straw man me,

after all the focus has changed to this literally who postal worker instead of the election rather than the case being taken to court which has not commenced or conceded.

Your point seems to be about superficial complaints over Trumps character rather than the yet to be investigated accusations of vote tampering.

To be fair i think the China uncensored guy has the best take so far, Since it is not the election but the reaction to it that matters.

Democracy is a mere public opinion census to tell the actual leaders who to put up as their posterboy and who they need to throw a bone to.

Joe Bidens words of unity and Blah, blah, blah will fall on deaf ears

The words Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and facsimiles of her will be heard loud and clear and her call to action will be heard far and wide.

I get that wanting to enforce immigration law of any kind or curtail the numbers meets the postmodernist definitions of “racism” Unless Ukrainians or Boers are restricted from entering, But Trump an Anti-Semite? I smell sprootle

Trump is guilty of the "heinous scenes" in all those Obama era photos of illegal immigrant children awaiting repatriation, and all that Racisim and Antisemitism apparently, since when has Zion Don said anything Anti-Semitic? if anything he is Judeopheliac though that can be attributed to business in New York and him trying to court the Evangelical Christian vote since they have a prophecy about Israel that’s a big part of the Evangelical Christian mythology.

So, the yanks have (for the moment anyway, pending whatever all the butthurt does or doesn;t lead to) elected the oldest person ever to be inaugerated as Prez of their nation. He's the same age as Reagan was when Reagan LEFT office at the end of his second term, and is only slightly less unglued than Reagan was by then. Yet another lawyer become career politician whose lurked within the higher echelons of US legislature for 48 years, yet was a faceless, impactless nobody until for some reason only known to himself, Obama decided to let him ride his shirt tails in '09.

As slow and dopey as Carter, and as creepy and lecherous as LBJ, Clinton and JFK rolled in to one, yet the American left seem to think he's an excellent choice for the supreme leader position.

How the above is any kind of 'improvement' on bombastic, ostentatious, narcissistic, bling loving showman Trumpy they've biatched so much about for four years, is beyond me.

Then again, if they'd had their way back then, we'd be looking at old 'if looks could kill' cast iron knickers Hillary entering a second term......if she'd left any of the US, and indeed the rest of the world still standing by then.

For once I'm thankful I'm this side of the pond and not on their's, as they just pulled the chain on their nation.

Edited by Ghostrider

As slow and dopey as Carter, and as creepy and lecherous as LBJ, Clinton and JFK rolled in to one, yet the American left seem to think he's an excellent choice for the supreme leader position.

How the above is any kind of 'improvement' on bombastic, ostentatious, narcissistic, bling loving showman Trumpy they've biatched so much about for four years, is beyond me.

Normal people (Moderate left, Center and most of the right wing) often have tribalistic in-group preference for their families, community, Familiar people, country etc

The Far left types appear to have an out-group preference oikophobia because they instead have an tribalistic in-group partisan preference.

their use of language involves redefining words and using the power stems from the uninitiated profane believing the oldspeak definition is being used and reacting accordingly

The different paradigm eras of political speech can be lumped into these groups

Modern, Post-Modern and Meta-Modern language

easy as

1. Modern (Oldspeak)

2. Post-Modern, Deconstruction of the west with selective scrutiny and new sacred cows(non western things especially)

3. Meta-Modern Deconstruction of Post modernism and its scared cows

Normal people (Moderate left, Center and most of the right wing) often have tribalistic in-group preference for their families, community, Familiar people, country etc

Very right wing, very British National Party, obviously very normal.

Vote S.N.P. and forget about the federal republic on the other side of the Atlantic.

Very right wing, very British National Party, obviously very normal.

Vote S.N.P. and forget about the federal republic on the other side of the Atlantic.

BNP Representing a minuscule percentage of the right, What percentage of the vote do they get?

They have about as much political clout as a stamp collecting organization.

I intended to distinguish Far left tribalism from the following groups:

Moderate left, Center and most of the right wing (Most meaning groups like bnp excluded since they are the mirror image of the extreme left)

330px-Political_spectrum_horseshoe_model

and what i said applies to all ethnic groups.

Human beings are naturally inclined towards some form of Kin selection be it religious, Ethnic or Civic for we are both territorial and social beings.