BBC & licence fee (merged threads)

I was very pleased to hear the BBC are planning to tone down the jingoistic nationalism of the Last Night of the Proms. I very much look forward to and enjoy Proms season but I feel 'Last Night' sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the other concerts. It's like a parody of the end of a Tory Party conference.

There have long been calls for the BBC to make changes to Last Night programming (which I personally find to be extremely dull and predictable) but I expect whatever they do they'll be under fire from the right wing who will no doubt go into a frenzy about traditional Britishness being under attack etc etc.

I'm sure there are many people who will be getting offended by the potential change who don't engage with The Proms or appreciate the work the BBC put into supporting and promoting British classical music throughout the entirety the 8 week Proms season, and throughout the rest of the year for that matter.

hllps://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8655351/Gary-Lineker-Bailiffs-stairlifts-Over-75s-TV-licence-ABSOLUTELY-DISGUSTING.html

Just tried it but the site is busy.  It's good to see competition though!!

Still a requirement for the license if it is live probably the reason why they specify you aren't allowed to watch foreign live TV online without a TV license

Edited by NullVoid

Still a requirement for the license if it is live probably the reason why they specify you aren't allowed to watch foreign live TV online without a TV license

Without a licence, you can legally watch:

• Netflix.
  • YouTube.
  • Amazon Prime.
  • DVDs/Blurays.
  • Non-BBC catch-up including ITV Player, Channel 4 on-demand, as long as it's NOT live.

It should be noted that Netflix now run a live  channel that requires no licence.