Pets and the ferry

DarkstarIII

We are thinking of sedating smurf but he is an old cat, and not sure how he is going to handle the journey.. Will talk to the vet and find out the best thing for him... I hate to think of him down in the kennels all that time alone, but there is nothing else that we can do.. we can hardly leave him here...

:?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the boat ever had to refuse people due to sheer numbers?

I can be pretty certain that the answer to that one is yes.

maybe more common though, is that people have refused to travel because they couldn't get a bed and didn't fancy travelling steerage class and sleeping on the floor of the bar.

Well we have to be out of this flat by the 15th as the new owners are moving in... and then we have to stay with friends till about the 21st or 22nd and then come over... so it will probably be about then to be honest... and might be booking a car on too since we have about 4 suitcases full of my clothes! LOL :wink:

Aye something like that! considering its all TK MAXX, ZARA, RIVER ISLAND, NEXT, MONSOON, DEBENHAMS, etc!...

Phoned up about the cat a minute ago... and it costs about £7.50 for a kennel for him onboard which is good but once we book ourselves and a car...(and I am pushing for a black toyota celica lol).. its going to be about £400.... ughhhh money money money.. and it cost us about £3,000 to move our stuff up there with shetland transport! which should be on the boat as we speak! jeez... think I will hae to get my red handbag oot! lol... :wink: 8O

Well we have to be out of this flat by the 15th as the new owners are moving in... and then we have to stay with friends till about the 21st or 22nd and then come over... so it will probably be about then to be honest... and might be booking a car on too since we have about 4 suitcases full of my clothes! LOL :wink:

My advice........book. And check the timetables as there is a break in sailings over Xmas.......I think the last sailing from Aberdeen is the 23rd but it would be as well to be sure. Unlikely that the ferry will be full of passengers although cabins might be full and perhaps vehicle space could be limited.

Yeah I just phoned them up about the cat.. we are travelling on the 21st of December and going to book a car and the cat in anyway.. and a cabin.. If it turns out that we dont buy a car before we sail then they will refund the price of the car space... which is good... if we did it the other way around we might not get a car space, and therefore screwed! 8O

If you are concerned you can leave the cat in your vehicle, which might be better if you make it cosy. Also other pets wont scare him then, obviously you can't visit him if he stays in the car. But atleast you can put a litter tray on the floor & food, water & a cosy basket with a rug. :idea:

If you are concerned you can leave the cat in your vehicle, which might be better if you make it cosy. Also other pets wont scare him then, obviously you can't visit him if he stays in the car. But atleast you can put a litter tray on the floor & food, water & a cosy basket with a rug. :idea:

As much as I love the cat...NO IN MY NEW CAR HE DOESNT... He is not good at squatting and ends up standing up peeing.. we have tried that in the flat.. and he peed right up the walls.. ended up with an enclosed one.. but the smell in the car... wouldnt be nice so I think he can deal with a kennel.. I am sure he will cope.. 8O