Scottish Pubs

JAStewart

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good......and while waiting for the ferry north from Aberdeen any lovers of real ale could try the "Moorings" which is just outside the docks.

You've never tried an Aberdeen bar until you've been in da "Schooner" at seven in the morning .. crikey ... whit a fun! Nae sarcasm!

Bottom 'o Market Street if onybody is wondering.

Sounds good......and while waiting for the ferry north from Aberdeen any lovers of real ale could try the "Moorings" which is just outside the docks.

You've never tried an Aberdeen bar until you've been in da "Schooner" at seven in the morning .. crikey ... whit a fun! Nae sarcasm!

It got closed down.

However, a forum that is small shouldn't usually have so many sub sections but this forum has potential to be big.

I reckon the sub threads actually encourage more topics of discussion. Puts things in your mind you might not necesarilly have thought to post on. Remember, big is beautiful :wink:

It got closed down.

That is a tragedy!

I had a few hazy 7 o'clock, Saturday morning sessions in The Schooner during my time in Aberdeen. I'm far too old for that kind of nonsense now though.

It got closed down.

That is a tragedy!

I had a few hazy 7 o'clock, Saturday morning sessions in The Schooner during my time in Aberdeen. I'm far too old for that kind of nonsense now though.

31 is too old?

It got closed down.

I have it under good authority that the Schooner is actually just shut for refurbishment!

As long as they're not making it an extension of the Lucky Boat!

Now thats a place that could win awards for THE worst chinese cuisine this side of the Shanghai!

It was a good laugh but I hate to let you all doon but its shut for refurbishment, Take a while I doot

It was a good laugh but I hate to let you all doon but its shut for refurbishment, Take a while I doot

I'd heard (from an Aberdeen cabbie) that it's closed for good. Liscence lost and pressure from the police. It might be changing hands or something.

I had to make do with the Belmont :wink:

The Moorings is a turd hot establishment, great pint, quality juke box and good freindly service.

Try "Firewater" down Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow (great music), Solid Rock Cafe near Central Station in Glasgow excellent Pub to go to before a concert it really gets you in the mood.

If your a celtic fan Bar 67 or Bairds Bar up the Gallowgate is great for banter before a game!

:lol: