The "Terms and Conditions" are entered into by and between the Shetlink administrators and you. If you are using this website on behalf of your employer, you represent that you are authorised to accept these "Terms and Conditions" on your employer's behalf. Shetlink administrators reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to change, modify, update, add or remove portions of the "Terms and Conditions" at any time without notice. Please check the "Terms and Conditions" for changes. Your continued use of this website in any form following changes to the "Terms and Conditions" will mean you accept those changes.
1. You agree, through your use of the Shetlink website, that you will not submit (or hyperlink to) any material or use language which is defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, inciting of violence, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of ANY UK law. Personal attacks, inflammatory language, harassment, impersonation, trolling and sockpuppeting (multiple user accounts), or multi-account use (two or more individuals using same account) will not be tolerated.
2. Spam, flooding or any commercial advertising are considered inappropriate. Such content may be removed without notice and the perpetrators account terminated.
3. You agree not to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from this website.
4. You agree not to submit any copyright material unless the copyright is owned by you, or you have consent from the copyright owner.
5. The copyright of content presented on the Shetlink website remains the property of the author or copyright holder. By submitting content to the Shetlink website the author grants Shetlink a non exclusive perpetual republishing right.
6. Note that it is impossible for the Shetlink administrators to confirm the validity of content on this website. The content submitted to Shetlink expresses the views of the author, not the views of the Shetlink administrators, and the Shetlink administrators are not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information presented.
7. Shetlink moderators reserve the right to remove any content (or hyperlinks) which Shetlink moderators, at their discretion, consider to be defamatory, objectionable, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate, and to do so without seeking the consent of, or giving notice to, the submitter of the content in question. Threads having run their 'term' and or deemed unsuitable for further hosting on Shetlink will be closed and/or removed as a matter of course. These decisions are final.
8. Anyone who feels that content or hyperlinks appearing on Shetlink is in breach of these terms & conditions are encouraged to notify the administration team by using the 'Report' function available below each forum post and classified advert. This will alert the moderation team and should action be deemed necessary, the removal of content is a manual process, so please be aware that it may not be possible to edit content immediately.
9. Shetlink administrators reserve the right to terminate any userâ€™s participation in adding content to this website. Users who submit defamatory, obscene, racial or otherwise offensive material acknowledge that this may expose them to the risk of legal action (whether civil or criminal) being taken against them. Any user who has had their access terminated and attempts to regain access may have further action taken against them.
10. Shetlink moderators encourage users to observe basic good manners and 'netiquette' - repeated breaches may result in a ban. Follow this link for further information - http://www.shetlink....and-netiquette/
The Shetlink website requires a valid email address for registration and administrative contact purposes. Your email address is used by the Shetlink administrators for administrative purposes only and is not visible to the public unless a user chooses otherwise. Users can add further information to their publicly viewable profile, but do so at their own risk.
If you believe that the information the Shetlink website holds is inaccurate, please update your profile.
The Shetlink website installs "cookies" on registered users computers. A cookie is a small amount of data, including an anonymous unique identifier sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive to enable functions including forum post indicators and auto login. Shetlink can only send its cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it. To protect your privacy your browser only permits Shetlink to access the cookie it has already sent you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. For further information on cookies please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org
Shetlink administrators do not share user information received with third parties or affiliated websites. However, Shetlink administrators do reserve the right to submit information held to any law enforcement agencies properly requesting said information in connection with the commission of any offence: if the Shetlink administrators are satisfied with the validity and circumstances surrounding the request and/or are bound by law.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies...
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through Shetlinks PM system.