Vehicle Insurance

Claudias

I've had my heart set on a particular car for a while (many years!) now, and I've finally found a decent one. It's a classic with a fairly big engine.

Anybody got any recommendations on which insurance companies might be worth a look (bearing in mind it's a classic)?

Also, does anyone know if motorbike 'no claims' are worth anything in relation to buying car insurance?

• 2 years later...

The Motor Insurance Database (MID) holds insurance details of 34 million vehicles

http://www.askmid.com/

ask MID allows you to check a vehicle on the Motor Insurance Database

* About stayINSURED

* About askMID

* Home

Welcome to the new askMID website

The askMID website has been refreshed to tell you more about a new campaign to Stay Insured.

You can still access the services to check a vehicle is on the Motor Insurance Database – check for FREE that your own vehicle is recorded on the MID, or if you've had an accident, to check that the other vehicle is insured.

Right now, we want to help you learn more about the value and social importance of insurance, particularly as you may be one of the many people looking at ways to cut back on your spending because of the recession.

Driving without insurance is a criminal offence. Hundreds of thousands of people are convicted every year for taking to the road without a valid insurance policy. The police seize about 500 uninsured vehicles every day. You can't afford not to … Stay Insured.

Guest Anonymous

was on the phone to CIS tonight changing cars, best price i could find and i must say the call centre is very user friendly, well chuffed wi them for a couple o years now

• 9 months later...
Guest Anonymous

just after i renewed my insurance last year someone sugested the NFU, not just for farmers it seems and they quoted me half my current insurer, will be calling them frst this year

• 3 months later...

I've found adrianflux to be great, I used to be with privilege for years then they put my premium up by £600 utter disbelief admittedly I'm 32 licence for 13 years 5 years no claims my car is a group 20 mildly modified sports car with a reputation for spitting you off the road my new quoat £750 fully comp all mods declared pretty good I thought

so was horrified to find that their premium demand had jumped to a massive 420 pounds. The day after I received the notice I received a phone call from NUD asking me if I was about to renew my policy. I complained that the premium was far too high and that I was searching on the internet for lower quotes. The salesman told me that he would ring back the following day. [/url]

This is part of my post which opened this thread. Why the sudden duplication?

(*** Mod - spam snippety ***)

so was horrified to find that their premium demand had jumped to a massive 420 pounds. The day after I received the notice I received a phone call from NUD asking me if I was about to renew my policy. I complained that the premium was far too high and that I was searching on the internet for lower quotes. The salesman told me that he would ring back the following day.

This is part of my post which opened this thread. Why the sudden duplication?

There might just be a clue in the link at the bottom of the duplicated posting.

(*** Mod - spam link removed ***)

Its bot just trying to generate some extra cash, dont click the link IMO.

On topic tho.. Someone i know has just past his test and i was shocked to hear how much his insurance was for a car that was valued at £500, I understand how over the years a few young males have created a bad oder amongst the rest fo the driving community but i still fail to see how an Insurance company can justify £1700 for a years insurance. I apprceate it is more to do with what you might hit rather than yourself but surely by charging this, Insurance companies are Charging you as guilty before proved guilty and in many repsects probably making it far to expensive for some new drivers to get on the road after passing their test after all it is costly enough as it is.

This got me thinking as to why dont Insurance companies put the extra cash into the Excess side fo things rather than the Insurance quote?

• 2 months later...

Any advice??

I have a 650cc bike and I also have CBT under a provisional bike licence. I aim to use the 650cc during the Direct Access route to gain full licence.....but I am having trouble finding insurance as the brokers will only offer insurance for a 125cc under a provisional licence. Has anyone out there undertaken a Direct Access route on a big bike (over 125cc) and managed to get insurance. If so, where from??

Thanks.

(*** Mod edit - merged to existing vehicle insurance thread ***)