Dog fouling

peeriebryan

Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted

• Yes
    • No

That was a good peerie fun, Colin!

I noticed they actually managed to get a fancy posed photo in the paper this week, of the named offender who copped the first fixed penalty...! You'd have thought he'd surely want to keep his face out of the Times for something like that!?

Believe it or not he had posed for the picture willingly, because he was trying to protest at the injustice (!) of the fact that he was being punished for his crime. Incredible :?

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the pink spray's a good idea - although if it contains something to cover up the smell that would be even better.

Anyway - I reckon Brae's getting quite bad for it too, but my attitude's always been that if you're not prepared to clean up after your dog you shouldn't own one. I don't like picking up after mine, but I do all the same.

Duke St is the same - the good people of Dennistoun seem completely incapable of picking up after their dogs, and just leave the crap on what is one of the busiest streets in Glasgow's East End. Disgusting. Maybe Glasgow City Council should follow our lead!

Having been playing golf a lot recently up at the knab, it has started to annoy me more and more the amount of dog owners that just walk off and leave there dogs to have a moment to them selfs and just leave it behind usually in the long grass where i spend 90% fo my time trying to find my ball. the one that did myhead in the othe day was just about to go for a putt and then a few dogs come along and decide to piddle into the hole that i had to pick my ball out of :sick: thankfully it has rained since then tho :evil:

So what are people's views on pink poo?

Personally, I think the fine should be increased from £50 and should be more rigorously enforced; after all the maximum fine for littering is up to £2,500 and to my mind dog fouling should be in the same league, no?

Agreed on the fine. If dropping a bit of biodegradable tissue can earn up to £2500 of a fine, surely dog crap is deserving a proportionately much more.

The pink spray is a good idea, but I think it would be more effective to spray the dog and owner..

Back in the 70's fedder noticed that deposits were piling up outside the house and suspected that this was no coincidence. He therefore began to keep a close eye on the comings and goings of the various mutt/owner combinations, as well as on the freshness of the turds. He loved solving problems ;-)

Anyway, after a few days he reckoned he'd worked out who was responsible and, on seeing them approach, he rushed to the door in order to catch the dog red handed, or rather, brown bottomed. On opening the front door the dog was indeed squeezing it out right at the bottom of the front door step. Fedder went ballistic and received an altogether less than contrite response from the owner. He therefore decided to kick the turd at the woman. As is well known fedder was no footballer, so the turd missed, flew past her and landed in the middle of the bonnet of a white car parked opposite. He said that both he and the woman burst out laughing and couldn't manage to get back into aggro-mode. He'd have loved to have known what the car owner thought on gazing out over the pristine white bonnet with the steaming deposit in the middle. As it was not a local car he never heard.

I tink its pathetic dit fok canna pick up dir dugs crap!

Whin waakin da lent o Castle Street in Scallowaa u kin see dugs crap nearly iffery 10 steps u tak! Da box is daer it da end o da rod fir dim tae pit it in. Cood laeklee doe we anidder een it da bodam o Castle Street doe.

I kaen a few fok dit waak dir dugs yun wye an i cood pit dir names tae it bit u canna say its dem unless u see dim. Plus u kaen whit dug is dun it wi da size o it. ( :lol: )

Cood dey no pit up peerie cameras it dug level tae gyit da dirty buggers dit doe it?

Dirs nae point in haein yun 'No Dog Fouling' signs whin it wilna stop dim! Dir pointless!!!

I tink fok shood scoop it up an pit it on da dirty dug owners door step an see whit dey tink o haein tae stand in dir ain dugs crap!! :lol:

I kaen its been dun ida past (no by me!!) an i tink u hae iffery rite tae doe it whin its aboot yur yerd!!

Scalloway is really bad, especially all the road on the way up ta the school, you are totally running the gauntlet of dog muck taking them to school in the mornings, and there is no point even trying to go for a walk along that wee back piece behind the school towards Berry, its a lovely walk but it's minging completely littered with dogs mess and not worth the hassle with wee ones.

In saying that, the majority of folk here are really good at cleaning up after ther dogs.

Something else I have to say I never see much of here is stray dogs running loose, this is a scourge back home, packs of mongrels all over the place.

Well, we saved all our freezer bags, bread bags; in fact, any blooming plastic bag and stuff them into a carrier bag ready for picking up our dogs' doings and ...

... hubby duly took the two mutts out for a walk armed with 2 plackie bags, came back and screamed "I thought you said Shetland were heavy on cleaning up dog mess? What's that in the middle of the pavement then?"

Nope, wasn't our mutts.

It is nice to see you can get the dog poo bags at the local shop or from the Council free of charge.

I don't like the idea of pink spray though to be honest - even though you steer your own mutt(s) away from other doggie poo, I'd be concerned as to what chemicals it had in it and how it would affect said mutt(s). I think the money would be better spent on doggie poo snoopers and whacking fine on the owners.