Shetlink Problems

Not only do I have to login everytime I leave and return, but it would seem that I have to do it twice now.

Nine times out of ten I type in my username and password and then click login, whereupon I once again get invited to type in my username and password. It always works second time around though. :x :x :x

Not a major deal; only a trifle tedious. Room 101 annoying but trivial and all that...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

I don’t understand most of the technical language on here and geeky son is still away at uni. But when I came back home yesterday after 3 days’ absence Shetlink would not load in Firefox at all. I sent a ‘Forgotten password‘ e-mail because it‘s so long since I needed one, as I keep it running all the time, that I thought maybe I had forgotten it. Then I tried IE – and it worked fine, on my original password, which I had not, in fact, forgotten. Still nothing doing tonight in Firefox – every time I put in username and password it just comes back to the login screen. I’m not computer-minded enough to have changed any settings so am unaware of why this should be happening.

I don’t understand most of the technical language on here and geeky son is still away at uni. But when I came back home yesterday after 3 days’ absence Shetlink would not load in Firefox at all. I sent a ‘Forgotten password‘ e-mail because it‘s so long since I needed one, as I keep it running all the time, that I thought maybe I had forgotten it. Then I tried IE – and it worked fine, on my original password, which I had not, in fact, forgotten. Still nothing doing tonight in Firefox – every time I put in username and password it just comes back to the login screen. I’m not computer-minded enough to have changed any settings so am unaware of why this should be happening.

I had the same problem. The solution I found is as follows:

When you clear your cookies in Firefox, Those cleared cookies then get put on the blocked cookies list. When you then try to login again the Shetlink login cookie is blocked and you get punted back to the login screen. The solution is to go into the blocked cookies list and remove the Shetlink cookie. The path is:

Tools->Options->Privacy Tab->Exceptions. This will bring up a list of cookies which are blocked. Simply remove the Shetlink cookie from this list (Or just clear the whole list).

Hope that helps.

I'm getting the following message when I try to search for posts since last visit (not a big problem, I can search from the homepage):

Could not insert search results

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '562982846' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_results (search_id, session_id, search_time, search_array) VALUES(562982846, '5b01e8fa619fa172684d4cf123bd0e90', 1205683340, 'a:7:{s:14:"search_results";s:133:"173, 298, 575, 1618, 1674, 2002, 2425, 2747, 3784, 4101, 4344, 4751, 4755, 4784, 4787, 4791, 4801, 4804, 4811, 4814, 4816, 4817, 4818";s:17:"total_match_count";i:23;s:12:"split_search";N;s:7:"sort_by";i:0;s:8:"sort_dir";s:4:"DESC";s:12:"show_results";s:6:"topics";s:12:"return_chars";i:200;}')

Line : 714

File : search.php

I've been having the same problem. I left it to do it's thing earlier on today rather than giving up and going somewhere else and came back to the following error message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/bryan/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/bryan/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/bryan/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

^^Got the same or, at least a very similar error message several times yesterday.

This is the first time I've been able to get on here today too. No reply from the site whenever I've tried earlier.

P.S.

The site died again while attempting to post this, and it aw gud athin a bruk a sh........

Lik da sun on da waa again :?

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/bryan/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/bryan/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/bryan/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Thats what I got once ... if it's any use :?