Favourite "SIBC Moment"...

spencey7

Is there any story inparticular that you recall hearing on SIBC and thinking "Dat wid only ever be on da wireless in Shetland"?

Although not a news item, I think my personal favourite is the unscheduled "item-getting-stolen-from-the-garden" interruption.

(P.S. I should point out that this thread is in no way supposed to be knocking SIBC, which I know has it's detractors, but I think Ian and Co. do a fantastic job.)

For me it is the bits about when some boat was last in the harbour, the colour it was, the last time it visited under a different name, the size of the captain's underpants, who the boat belonged to before, where it has been, why is floats.....

Who gives a ........?

Kinda difficult to forget one News bulletin when part ways through there was very audibly the sound in the background of doors being opened/closed and some toddler babbling away, which went on for a minute or so....

Proof positive of a real "kitchen table" enterprise, or what.... :lol:

Two things - the productive coughing through the news announcement. I keep waiting for the spitoon moment - ting!!

The look on the face of any visitor that I invite up hearing SIBC for the first time. Every single one of them has asked if it is a wind up as they stare incredulously at the radio.