Have a rant!!!!

You know sometimes, when you've had a bad day at the office, or a bird has just shat on you, or you simply need to rant (and let off some steam) without opening a new thread?

Well here we have the "have-a-rant thread!" It's an amalgamation of them all.

Sometimes, the drunk thread may feel appropiate (check the time), like now!

...and sometimes you feel you have a few ideas that coincide with other threads!

Fear not, we can rant here!

Ok, kick off time!

What bugs you?

Lets go... Things are warming up in Vilnius, the party season is here, and I'm going to be totally housebound from the 16th of this month until the 3rd August. Everybody's partying, but muggins here is working!

Will Shetland ever get a referendum? ...and why didn't I get any money back for backing "Eshaness" in the 19?? Grand National?

Why do pedestrians walk when I am driving?

Why do motorists speed when I am walking?

Why is Alexander Graham Bell acclaimed for inventing the telephone?

...ok, rant over - you get the idea :D

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate poor drivers, in particular people who dont signal. I also hate slow drivers on single track roads who dont pull over.

Neds

Council ineptude

Steve Wright

People who borrow things and dont give it back or give it back damaged

Do gooders

People who are called heros, brave ect when they are not

Political Correctness

People who get upset about people they have not met like princess diana etc

Tonnes more im sure

What annoys more than anything are rants. When someone continually voices their objection to a subject by viewing it from different angles, all of which just seem to be as subjective as the others, and saying that they don't like it. What gets me more than that is when the person should have realized that they have made their point but seem to just not know when to stop, they have said enough but they continue and keep going, getting more and more aggressive in their tone and more erratic in their subject matter. I hate some one ranting while wearing glasses they just feel they are more intelligent because of it and making other people feel stupid and have to listen to them because of their ocular imperfection. And I really hate rants that try to be smart by attempting to be ironic.

Johnathan D Mascus Esq.

Getting your wages late because your boss decided to go on holiday to f*cking Rhodes

Listening to people on a sporting jaunt to Rhodes whingeing because the Greeks do things so slowly.

Makes me think about trying to get anything done on Shetland cough cough :wink:

Getting your wages late because your boss decided to go on holiday to f*cking Rhodes

Listening to people on a sporting jaunt to Rhodes whingeing because the Greeks do things so slowly.

Makes me think about trying to get anything done on Shetland cough cough :wink:

Did they not know it's not GMT Greenwich Mean Time....

When in Rhodes it's "Greek Maybe Time" that's what the holiday rep told me when I arrived in Rhodes :shock:

Somthing else that annoys me, people who use passing places as parking places! Just been at a blind corner and nearly crashed due to that, plus other car had to reverse for miles as passing place behind me had a car parked in it with some tosser in the field taking photos of some poxy birds. Bah

MOD EDIT The discussion on use of Shetland dialect can now be found here. It has its own shiny new thread and this one can remain for ranting!

Wan ting dat REALLY boils my tauties is whan a bloody moaderator taks a perfictly logical an' appropriate post an' hoids it somewye weel an' truly awa fae whaur hit wis meant tae be.

Only funnin, Pooks ;)

Council Stupidity

Religious freaks at the door

People who think they're important when they arent

waste

people who come here for the way of life then attempt to change things to be more like the turdehole they aspired to leave in the first place.

Self important pratts who use the term "Dont you know who I am ?"

The whole PC brigade.

The government foisting us further into europe.

Council tax rising far faster than inflation / wage rises.

Christ I could go on....................................... :roll:

Why is Alexander Graham Bell acclaimed for inventing the telephone?

Completely off topic but I'd just like to say that the Alexander Graham Bell Muesum in Cape Breton, Canada was absolutely brilliant! As a kid we used to go there on class trips and the kites we got to fly were bigger than ourselves (which always made me slightly afraid - even more so when I read Iain Banks' The Wasp Factory and my fear was put in writing!)

As for crediting him with the invention of the telephone it is probably because it is too lenghy a procedure to list of everyone who had ideas that were pinched, elaborated upon and passed onto other inventors, same as with many other inventions. He invented a telephone, that's more than I've accomplished anyway. Well done Mr. Bell!

Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams. Whining on about not forgetting the message of Christmas when most of the people just use it as an excuse for big piss up any way, when you could just work like any other day in the week. Any thing to do with religion relay.