Shetland arts, crafts and cultural links

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for that gents. I've been thinking about getting a list of links on the go since the Shetland Creative Industries Unit Event on Thursday, and hearing about some of the difficulties the creative sector in Shetland have with publicity and marketing

My ex went to that event as well and I've begun work on a website that will showcase and sell just about everything Shetland has to offer from the creative sector. A sort of Online Shetland Catalogue and I need folk who are interested in selling their items through us to contact me. Am I allowed to post such a thing here? PM me if you are creative and have something to sell! We'll deal with all the marketing worries so it's a way to get your creativity noticed.

HIE recommended Market Research.... consider this post part of the research - let me know what you think!

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to let everyone know that the "Designed in Shetland" website is going ahead and if there are any musicians/sculptors/painters/knitters/craftspeople of any ilk - anything at all designed in Shetland - who would like to be included on the site please PM me. The site should *fingers crossed* be up and running by the beginning of November.

Also, if anyone has an opinions or suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Kind regards!

• 1 month later...