The WTF News thread

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the Japanese could rebel against conformity by all dressing the same and doing identical dance moves together. Seeing a whole club full of people doing the same moves is quite nauseating, or disturbing, or both!

(not a fan of line dancing either tbh)

Think that is why i got into the dance scene more than others as it got away from the traditional Scottish dancing but didn't have to put up with cheesy lyrics that mean nothing ( excluding the likes of venga boys etc etc :P )

In many ways though it could be like them doing what we did as a country in the 60's breaking free from conformity and rigidity

Only the Japanese could rebel against conformity by all dressing the same and doing identical dance moves together.

Reminds me of many late 70's "interviews" with groups of punks, where they would explain that their approach to fashion was rooted in non-conformity, while all were dressed and coiffured identically with mail-order zipper clothes and mohicans.

(not a fan of line dancing either tbh)

The one and only time I've witnessed full-on line dancing was totally surreal. I ended up in a CnW club outside DC which was entirely full of line dancing "Country Bob" type cowboys. The surreal aspect lay in the fact that I was there with a group of Pakistani scientists from NASA.

From the ever glorious South Park:

STAN
                        But if life is only pain, then... what's 
                        the point of living?

GOTH 1
                        Just to make life more miserable for 
                        the conformists. 

STAN
                        All right, so how do I join you?

GOTH 2
                        If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, 
                        all you have to do is dress just like 
                        us and listen to the same music we do.

STAN
                        ...'K.

A woman spends 287 days choosing what to wear.

I'm shocked. No, really :wink:

The average woman will - between the ages of 16 and 60 - spend 287 days deciding what to wear.

That's according to Matalan, which polled 2,491 females and found that this essential activity accounts for an average 16 minutes on weekday mornings, 14 minutes after getting up at weekends and up to 20 minutes bothering the wardrobe prior to a night out.

^^ No WAY is that even close to accurate.

I have yet to encounter any woman who can decide what to wear in under 30 minutes, and thats just to nip to the shop. Before a night out you can write off a minimum of 2 hours.

I have also noted that 99% of the time they end up with the first thing they choose anyway...

/rant - sorry, unavoidable :oops:

A woman spends 287 days choosing what to wear.

I'm shocked. No, really :wink:

The average woman will - between the ages of 16 and 60 - spend 287 days deciding what to wear.

That's according to Matalan, which polled 2,491 females and found that this essential activity accounts for an average 16 minutes on weekday mornings, 14 minutes after getting up at weekends and up to 20 minutes bothering the wardrobe prior to a night out.

The average Matalan customer may need that much time to decide what to wear - which does say something about how awful their clothes must be....

I don't even need to decide.