• UKIP
    • SNP
    • BNP

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was speaking of recent immigration.

wha's to say it winna pay dividends in the future?

whilst i would be concerned about our own culture being watered down, i don't honestly believe this will happen, it can only become more enriched. i say the more the merrier, if folk are willing to come to this country and make something of their lives, good on them. we need immigrants as much as they need us (if not more) and while it would be seemingly prudent to control the influx, (you're only getting in if you can prove you will be an asset) it stands against my beliefs/will and therefor i can't condone ANYTHING the BNP stand for, but they don't concern me one jot, there will always be folk who canna make up their own minds and can be swayed by scare tactics, but i'm sure the majority can see enough sense not to let 'them' have a meaningful say. mind you i am consistently surprised by election results (or not) where people seem to be happy to vote for a government that purports to be one thing but is indeed the other, the price we pay for the majority of folk living in comfort i suppose.

(not aimed at you by the way styles, juist stating my view)

immigation is a very important part of most societies it helps to stop stagnation in culture and the gene pool. The UK has been populated by immigrants since the end of the last ice age and will continue to do so for a long time to come.

When I read that, my eyes decieved me and I thought it said, "Irrigation is a very important part of most societies, it helps to stop stagnation in culture and the gene pool. The UK has been polluted by immigrants since the last ice age and will continue to do so for a long time to come." :P

ok i've not read the rest of the posts yet, but im agreeing with JAStewart and the first few posters about the BNP. What the hell are these guys thinking, they are obviously racist with the Third Reich kinda thing going on- Foop off liok!

But their following is increasing for some reason?

Third Reich Rock & Roll.

their following is increasing because desperate times calls for desperate measures - that was the theory that led Hitler to be voted into power in 1933.

People should stand as independant candidates if they REALLY want to make a difference.

the bnp's support is on the up at least in part because the tabloids offer over-simplified causes for the problems of the country. gay black immigrant paedophile single mothers stealing our jobs etc. this provides a framework for understanding what's going on in the world for those who lack the time or education to look any further. and the fact that the majority of successful immigrants get crammed into poorer areas where jobs are scarcer, education is lesser, and red-top readership is proportionately higher than less well off areas can only make things worse.

...whilst i would be concerned about our own culture being watered down...

I'd be interested to hear what "our culture" means to most people these days. British culture seems to me to have already been reduced to little more than than call centres, ring-tones, binge-drinking, Big Brother, petty crime, Bad R&B, chavs, credit card debt, fake tans and the worship of Heat Magazine.

The more watered down that ghastly concotion gets the better!

Lot said about the BNP in terms of racism, but what's the big deal with nationalism anyway?

Seems a bent towards nationalism being a bit OK, racism not.

What happened to I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony?

I love the world, we're one world, we all live on one ball.

I would love to chuck out all the nations and boundaries and get on with getting on with each other like one happy family.

Yeah and if they discover aliens in outer space, then they can join in too.

We're all universalists.

Cosmic.

Thats democracy!

It is indeed.

I find it very tough to reconcile a democratic system like ours with extremism but I guess that can be a price you pay for having free speech and a free vote with anyone at all setting up a party with their own ideals and policies.

On the BNP I often think just why they have gained popularity in Northern Englanshire towns in particular, could it be that the white community has become polarised from the others for some reason?

It is a worrying trend.

• 2 years later...