Road condition reports - Snow, Rain, Fog, etc

khitajrah

Just a warning to motorists that the road through Aith is extremely icy this morning. The gritter doesn't normally come by until about 8am, so take extra care. My OH is out there now changing his tyre because he slid into the kerb.

(*** Mod - Topic title updated to make this more general ***)

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From way doon sooth in Nottingham, a very sunny day here, and the picture I've just picked up from the weather satellite shows no clouds at all south of (roughly) the Isle of Man. A bit grotty looking over Shetland, though.

JAS, light cloud cover over inland Scotland, but don't hold your breath.

• 1 year later...

its stopped snowing in the toon for the mean time but the roads are horrendous!!! geen yun thick slushy way with hard ice underneath! very tricky driving conditions, just come back from the shop and saw 2 cars slide into kerbs, one at sound school roundabout and another at grantfield roundabout. i think the one at grantfield buckled his wheel as his tyre popped aff the rim.....i would say serves them right if he/she was driving far to fast but the poor driver was just creeping along and driving at an slow speed for the road conditions just hit ice and could do nothing!!