Lib Dem Coalition with the Tories if it happens?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Alister Carmichael toeing the Tory line unless it suits him, as he has already resigned from the front bench in order to stand up for the island groups he represents against his own party line.

I can't see how it truly affects Tavish, as it is highly unlikely that the tories will end up in a hung parliament situation within scotland.

As for the rest, until we know if, what and how it is happening (as has been reported, there are three main ways this could go ahead) I'm not going to speculate on how this will affect things in Westminister. I think old Gordon's resignation will likely stir things up a bit.

I reckon it looks like a deal with labour is more likely at the moment

They still wouldn't have a majority though.

Yeah, but they'd surely the nationalists wouldn't support the tories by voting them down? At the least they'd have tacit consent to govern.

The next government is going to have a hard time with the current economic situation and as such may end up being unpopular if it doesn't pull a rabbit of the hat.

I am leaning towards the suggestion that it is now time for electoral reform.

Perhaps the parties should put aside their childish disagreements and personal ambitions and work together to work out a national strategy for the current economic problems whilst also reviewing our electoral system to bring it into the 21st Century. PR must surely, by definition, be the way ahead.

It is time for old guard , including GB, to stand aside.

EM

Ian Carmichael;

the actor, who died on February 5 aged 89, personified the affable, archetypal silly ass Englishman in scores of revues, light comedies, films and television programmes.

Alistair Carmichael;

MP for Shetland and Orkney

Barmy Fred:

Twat