Flybe Rewards4All

soljey

Guest Anonymous

so what it boils down to is 6 months in advance and you cant get the dates you want, I'm happy for you daveh that you find the service to your liking but for the rest of us it is overpriced crap service is as poor as they can get off with

• 1 month later...
so what it boils down to is 6 months in advance and you cant get the dates you want, I'm happy for you daveh that you find the service to your liking but for the rest of us it is overpriced crap service is as poor as they can get off with

I have now been able to build up quite a few Rewards4all points by using my Flybe credit card for some biggish purchases I had to make. I have also directed much of my regular expenditure to the card and paid it off via my debit card as I go thus gaining as many points as I could. I went to the Flybe website and had a look at using some of the points and it seems as if you can't redeem points to book flights that are more than 4 months in advance. I am happy with that as Flybe would want to sell the seats initially to those paying for them. At random, I typed in a range of Flybe destinations, from Sumburgh and then onwards from the mainland Scottish airports, and was able to find flights to virtually all of the locations that I could travel to by redeeming the points accrued.

If you take the time to look at the Flybe website, the method of redeeming the points is working fine and it would seem that the problem is that you are not a fan of Flybe specifically. We only have Flybe available to us here so it is a case of use them or go by ferry. Personally, apart from some of the add-on charges that all of the budget airlines throw at you these days, I have no problem with Flybe at all. It would be nice for the planes to have more leg-room but that ain't going to happen, I guess.

I managed to book six flights fairly easily - Gatwick>Aberdeen>Sumburgh return and Edinburgh>Sum. There were several times I couldn't use the points, but they are valid for two years, and I used them all with six months to spare. The available flights did kind of dictate my travelling days and times, but I think the key is to be as flexible as possible. I'll certainly be collecting them again.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone else had this happen to them....

I have just checked my Rewards 4 All account and found that Flybe have been deducting points from my balance over the last year due to the points being "exipred", I have never check the Terms & Conditions before so I don't know if this is an new T&C but it appears that the points are only valid for 2 years.

So if you are like me and fly to Aberdeen about 7 times a year you will get 14 points in a two year period, you need 16 for a free flight, after two years though they start removing the points your earned (24 months previous) so you never get 16 points, as you earn a point one from 2 years ago is just expiring, my points are expiring before I get enough to use them!

I am not aware of any other frequent flier program that have points that expire, I assumed that you could keep building up the points you had earned and spend them whenever you wanted.

I don't think Rewards 4 All is an appropriate name for what Flybe offer,

"Rewards for those that fly with us a lot" might be better!

:evil:

Yip it's a rewards system which the majority of us can't benefit from. It might be worth dropping them an email informing them of the issue, you never know they may agree to carry points over. Worth a try!

• 8 months later...

I am not aware of any other frequent flier program that have points that expire, I assumed that you could keep building up the points you had earned and spend them whenever you wanted.

I don't think Rewards 4 All is an appropriate name for what Flybe offer,

"Rewards for those that fly with us a lot" might be better!

:evil:

rewards for us that fly alot......well lots of airlines give you crap mile on economy tickets flybe is pretty fair id say....also as its a frequent flyer program, then u need to fly frequently to benifi, but theres always the credit card

• 1 month later...

I must have made claims for the Rewards flights at least a dozen times and probably more than that. When I haven't been able to book them via the website, I have phoned Flybe reservations (using the landline number via the saynoto0870 website) and they have arranged them for me instead; sometimes after theyhave spoken to Loganair first. 

I have to say that I have never been unable to get the flights I wanted on any occasion.

I must have made claims for the Rewards flights at least a dozen times and probably more than that. When I haven't been able to book them via the website, I have phoned Flybe reservations (using the landline number via the saynoto0870 website) and they have arranged them for me instead; sometimes after they have spoken to Loganair first. 

I have to say that I have never been unable to get the flights I wanted on any occasion.

• 4 weeks later...

This is quite a large crock, no?

Just 'phoned' to enquire about cashing in some Flybe points on the Shetland route and told that Loganair aren't releasing anymore seats - confused message about 10 days in advance only.

So basically if you hold out until 10 days before there's no guarantee you'll get the dates you want as they won't pre-emptively do it before 10 days in advance. If you wait and then don't get your flights you're most likely faced with exorbitant prices as it's so close to your travel dates.

Eh?

Did you check the little tick box on the search page to say only rewards4blah flights only? I get flights at normal rates, yes, but, not with that checkbox ticked which I presume is the ones that you can use your points against? I just logged back into my rewards section and still get nothing across the board for March/April and nothing even in this magical 10 day window either.

• 2 weeks later...