Hoping to move to the Shetlands at the end of August

I've been offered an interview for a graduate job that I'm fairly confident of getting so long as I remain positive.

The big problem I'm facing is that the job starts very very soon, if I was to get it then relocating here might be a small chore to say the least.

I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone willing to let out a room or spare a couch until I can find permanent accommodation on the Shetlands should I get the job? I would be more than willing to pay a competitive rate and can give references. The job will have me working constantly so you probably wouldn't hear a peep from me.

Drop me a message or reply on here if you can help or have further ideas.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... on the Shetlands...

The name of our island is 'Shetland' or 'The Shetland Islands'... it is not called 'the Shetlands'!

seriously who cares, not a nice way to welcome people is it?

darthblingbling take no notice of people being idiots on this site as there are a fair few

Hello,

I just wanted to say that I was born in Shetland and have lived here all my life and honestly don't find it offensive in any way that you called it the "Shetlands".

Just silly nit picking by people, I'm sure most people would agree with me. Who doesn't call Aberdeen the "Deen"?

The Shetland Times had lots in the "to let or rent" section today, dont know if you can get a copy but it should be on their website too I think.

Wishing you happy and safe travels

Guest don't know

Who doesn't call Aberdeen the "Deen"?

More like who does call Aberdeen the "Deen"!?...

Not very many!

:roll:

What do you call Orkney then, 'The Orkneys'? Of course you don't, thats ridiculous!

Who doesn't call Aberdeen the "Deen"?

More like who does call Aberdeen the "Deen"!?...

Not very many!

:roll:

What do you call Orkney then, 'The Orkneys'? Of course you don't, thats ridiculous!

Absolutely!. I for one care(passionately) and I can't fathom these people who don't find the phrase "The Shetlands" a tad insulting.... :roll:

So, shall we have The Londons, The Scotlands, The Icelands, The Brazils, The Jerseys et al?.

Edit: I've just seen an advert looking for a house and I quote "House required for one year lease on Main Land".

Stroll on :roll:

... on the Shetlands...

The name of our island is 'Shetland' or 'The Shetland Islands'... it is not called 'the Shetlands'!

seriously who cares, not a nice way to welcome people is it?

darthblingbling take no notice of people being idiots on this site as there are a fair few

Your correct about the idiots Zebbidy but it does annoy me when Shetland is called that and I think it would be the same for a fair few folk. In all fairness though anyone not residing here or no connections to the island probably won't know that but the OP certainly does now! :D