Aberdeen Airport to Northlink Ferry Terminal

Patzel

We'll be traveling soon, so need to sort out something...

which way is the easiest to get from Aberdeen airport to the ferry terminal?

Neither Northlink nor Aberdeen Airport web site tells you. Or did I just not find it?

Train? Bus?

And: is the ferry from Lerwick usually in time? Our flight back is scheduled 11:30 that should leave plenty time if the ferry is in time, but only then.

Thinking back I remember that the Stornoway-Ullapool ferry (the old Suilven, not the new one) was normally not in time. Sailings were supposed to be 3.5 hrs. but most of the time the journey was 5+ hrs. even if the wheather was not too bad.

There is a reguler bus service from the airport. No 10 I think. This will take you to the new bus station near Jamieson Quay and you will see the boat from there.

3 Euros and 25 minutes

You will even have time to walk up to Union Street which is the main shopping area in Aberdeen

Well you did not find it as the new bus service 727 is linked to from here http://www.aberdeenairport.com/portal/page/Aberdeen%5EGeneral%5ETo+and+from+the+airport%5EBuses+and+coaches/645a5dcb645fc110VgnVCM10000036821c0a____/448c6a4c7f1b0010VgnVCM200000357e120a____/

As for the ferry being on time that is totally dependent on weather, mechanical issues, passenger actions and the tide at Aberdeen. Meaning that it is usually on time but can be hours or even days late.

thanks a lot!

It' going to be the new jet service then... I am just a bit worried whether we make it in time from the ferry to the airport on the way back. Don't really want to be stuck in Aberdeen having to pay another flight... not sure whether travel insurance covers late ferries

Once in Aberdeen is there a Presto supermarket? Don't start laughing but Sudocrem is the best ever stuff to put on smaller wounds and scratches if my stallions play too wild or the cocks had a fight... so I need to replenish my supplies.

I know most people put it on baby's bottom but we usually have it sent by mail by some friends from Stornoway for animal treatment :wink:

you can buy Sudocrem anywhere

not in Germany unfortunately... and in Stornoway the supermarket used to be the only place where one could get it...

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6383/004jyi.th.jpg' alt='004jyi.th.jpg'>

this is one of the babies I need the stuff for

you can buy Sudocrem anywhere

I meant, you know, anywhere here - it doesn't need to be Presto. Do Presto still exist?

There was loads of the stuff in Tescos (LK) today - from the handbag size tubs up to the huge (must be c. 1 litre) tubs....

.......and getting back on topic - the Aberdeen to Dyce train journey is a bargain at £1.20 single - The bus between Dyce Station and the Airport is £1.50 (need the correct change ready) - Taxi from Aberdeen to Airport will cost you about £17 and generally takes longer due to traffic.

Do Presto still exist?

I meant as a chain, not as an individual store - that's why I wrote 'do' rather than 'does'.

For existence of Tesco in Lerwick - see 76-page thread under 'Supermarkets, ethics thereof etc...'

Presto Supermarkets (as a Brand) became defunct in 1998. Sudocrem as a brand is alive and kicking in Tescos tonight. The poster Patzel was looking for Sudocrem - not Prestos methinks? ... and just to get nearly back on topic . There's a Tescos about 2 minutes walk from the Dyce Railway Station (and it's on the way to the Airport so you pass it OR if you're travelling to the station from the Airport you pass it - win - win ;)