making the feckless work for their dole

Guest Anonymous

Is this a good idea  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea

• yes
    • no

the most unlikely scenario is that folk will get to choose in this free n democratic wonderful country , the torys will beat everybody with a big stick , but schemes are good n its the way they are run thats bad yes. Am fairly cripple wi arthritis etc n still try as hard as i can n theres them wi sausage all wrong wi them that get everything fetched n carried, i personally would be quite happy attending some scheme or another but its a reality it will be full of druggies n degenerates too , making it not quite so appealing , play it as it comes eh ?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend with a university degree & schizophrenia living in Aberdeen. The daily reports as she received rejection after rejection for simple shop and catering jobs are heart breaking. how do you explain away 20years of mental ill health? She's making herself ill looking for work but is scared by the new rules being tested out in Aberdeen.

What folks suggest for feckless individuals like her then?

30years ago she would have been institutionalised, then came "care in the community" now she's expected to work, when to be honest quite a lot of the time she can't even look after herself.

I have a friend with a university degree & schizophrenia living in Aberdeen. The daily reports as she received rejection after rejection for simple shop and catering jobs are heart breaking. how do you explain away 20years of mental ill health? She's making herself ill looking for work but is scared by the new rules being tested out in Aberdeen.

What folks suggest for feckless individuals like her then?

30years ago she would have been institutionalised, then came "care in the community" now she's expected to work, when to be honest quite a lot of the time she can't even look after herself.

I don't think someone with a diagnosed mental illness could be described as 'feckless,' MJ.

The title of this thread is aimed at the people who are simply too lazy, incompetent or irresponsible to work, not someone suffering from an illness, either physical or mental.

She's still being forced to go out and find work, to any casual observer she is perfectly capable of working. When she's "well" sure she is, the measures being put in place are harming the most vulnerable. I'm just waiting for the text to tell me she's managed to wind herself up enough to get hospitalized again.

I've met others up here who are being forced by their GP to go through similar situations. You hear folk talking as if these folks are lazy not that they have a debilatating illness.

thank you seaflech for your more articulate wordin of the same thing , yet again its worth mentioning the periphery of unemployed/unemployable is hard enough squeezed that theres only the exceptions actually left on benefits, personally i have 1 disc missing , 1 prolapsed n a bit of bone missing in my back aggrivated by arthritis and non related sometimes quite acute depression , but i certainly dont class myself as feckless , also worth mentioning a weegie on performance related bonuses sent a foreigner Dr on performance related bonuses to fling me off the sick when all these conditions were very well documented within the same systems NHS, and yes theres lots of days perhaps i could do say telephone answering until the not so good day everybody would get telt in no uncertain terms to fark aff

Why not just take everyone who does not come up to turningright standerd and put them all through the council incinerator. Just like old Hitler did back in 1940

Better still why not buy them a one way ticket to Mars then they'll be in good company

see

http://www.shetlink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164510#164510

Given that those approaching retirement will have to work longer for less at the end of it,more school leavers cannot afford to go on to higher education and those employed in the public sector are facing a shaky future then quite a lot of us are facing the dole queue at the moment.

I've never thought of myself as feckless before but i suppose in the coming months i might have to.

Why not just take everyone who does not come up to turningright standerd and put them all through the council incinerator. Just like old Hitler did back in 1940

nice, now im sure you wont admit it now but it was people like you and your peoples party labour that got us into this mess,

youve had your go now let the tories with their good ideas sort it out.

so pop back into your little communist hideout and sit this one out if thats the most constructive participation you can muster.

not that i support the torys or that other capitalists , what are they called again , new labour or something? but i do kinda semi agree with turningright in a sense , a bit of motivation n industriousness wouldnt hurt some of the pimply hoodies n more, as bairns we were shown how to work and taught to get on wi it n give it a go, i cant say hard work ever hurted me except for the ruptured discs , tendonitis , white finger, and tennis elbow , at least ive given most things ive tried me best shot , and of course all the firms who gladly made plenty off my endeavours have the occaisional representative who says it must be a bit of a scunner so buggered at 44 , but hey , its a great adventure and hopefully if the NHS are overburdened with massive budget rises now , then they will give a decent permanent fix for me arthritis and missing discs? , meantime i think i would quite enjoy some kinda light duties scheme type thing if theres free travel etc. The ones that really get up me nose are the ones kidding on they are self employed , producing nothing n rippin the pyshe out of working tax credit , if the govt is paying them £100 odd a week to produce something it bloody well ought to be produced !!!

before the liberal communists jump all over this with their racism, agism, sexism postcodeism nonsense they perpetually choke us with....

i think, and most reasonable people can see the thread is directed at not those through illness, disibility, motability, mental health and all these other miriad of perfectly valid reasons cannot work.

the clue is in the title, the feckless, those who can but wont, those who should but would rather abuse the system and those that the goverment has at long last found sense enough to hound into doing their bit and earning what labour has been so recklessly handing out without merit or restraint.

not that i support the torys or that other capitalists , what are they called again , new labour or something? but i do kinda semi agree with turningright in a sense , a bit of motivation n industriousness wouldnt hurt some of the pimply hoodies n more, as bairns we were shown how to work and taught to get on wi it n give it a go, i cant say hard work ever hurted me except for the ruptured discs , tendonitis , white finger, and tennis elbow , at least ive given most things ive tried me best shot , and of course all the firms who gladly made plenty off my endeavours have the occaisional representative who says it must be a bit of a scunner so buggered at 44 , but hey , its a great adventure and hopefully if the NHS are overburdened with massive budget rises now , then they will give a decent permanent fix for me arthritis and missing discs? , meantime i think i would quite enjoy some kinda light duties scheme type thing if theres free travel etc. The ones that really get up me nose are the ones kidding on they are self employed , producing nothing n rippin the pyshe out of working tax credit , if the govt is paying them £100 odd a week to produce something it bloody well ought to be produced !!!

self employed people have to do self assessments etc for the tax office,im registered as self employed,(officially pefectly checkable with the tax office) its the people on sick that are plepsing woe is me then theyre doing cash in hand jobs and also have thousands stashed,so aswell as claimimg benefits illegally and avoiding paying tax etc on their earnings , they drain the country in so many ways,including doing professional,qualified tradesmen out of work by undercutting, they can undercut as they dont pay tax or insurances.