Disability/invalidity benefits

mucklejo

Can someone please tell me how a person who takes heroin, gets housed, housing benefit and is able to claim disability/invalidity benefits BUT another person, who has worked and payed tax his whole life, has a stroke which leaves him unsteady on his feet and one arm which is completely dead and unusable, and he gets turned down? Jeremy Kyle might be a pain in the backside, but he's got a point! :twisted:

Child benefit should be paid in full for the first and second child, but only 50% for the third and 25% for the fourth.This would discourage people who cannot afford to raise numerous children from having them and expecting the tax payer to fund them.It is not a right to have numerous children and sit on your backside all day every day,saying the kids need me.With modern contraception it is possible to have family planning.Savings from this could be used elsewhere eg for housing.

Plenty of folk who have more than 2 kids go out and work. And even the ones who don't are, at least, doing something apart from lying around getting wasted all day. I was more on about the disability benefits which should be for people with genuine medical complaints. Maybe smokers should get extra money for their fags? I'm fat, wonder if I could play on that and be able to feed my addiction to chips, bacon, wine and crisps?

Can someone please tell me how a person who takes heroin, gets housed, housing benefit and is able to claim disability/invalidity benefits BUT another person, who has worked and payed tax his whole life, has a stroke which leaves him unsteady on his feet and one arm which is completely dead and unusable, and he gets turned down? Jeremy Kyle might be a pain in the backside, but he's got a point! :twisted:

its because claiming disability was one of the easiest things to do, all you had to do was go to the doctors as say you are feeling depressed an BAM you were eligible for disability benefits.

now they have to go to your doctors to get their say on the matter nowadays then it goes to a decision making whether you can still claim or not. As for a person being told they are fit to work with a stroke with no use of an arm is quite reasonable as not all jobs need the use of both hands (even though it is easier) plus they could get a job that does not require them to stand if they are unstable on their feet, like working in an office and the like.

they have been needing to clamp down on this for years and years now as more and more people were claiming. i used to see them come off the bus in the mornings, unfold a walking stick then hobble up to claim their benefits and then walk out the door happy as larry whilst folding up their stick then going about their day.

If that's the case then I'm sure drug addicts are perfectly capable of working. Plenty of them manage to go out picking whelks, shoplifting and breaking into places to steal, then sell the things they have took. They also walk faster than anyone I know when off to get their fix. Also, the person who has had the stroke retired 2 years ago after spending his whole life paying tax and NI so why should he work in an office anyway. Also, how would he get there in the first place considering he can't drive any more. And what office would take on a guy who has worked in the merchant navy, fish farms and crofts all his life anyway?

Lots o questions there MJ.

Lets start by sussing out who the druggies are selling their pilfered goods to.

Canna think it would be their peers.

Their market surely must be to non-druggy folk who are in work and can afford not to buy stolen goods.

Also, the person who has had the stroke retired 2 years ago after spending his whole life paying tax and NI so why should he work in an office anyway. Also, how would he get there in the first place considering he can't drive any more. And what office would take on a guy who has worked in the merchant navy, fish farms and crofts all his life anyway?

Right I'm not being funny here - why not stand for the Council. The late Cecil Eunson (who had similar afflictions) did a damn sterling job at the SIC. He was a breath of fresh air and forced many a sensible motion down the throats of others less wise.

If that's the case then I'm sure drug addicts are perfectly capable of working. Plenty of them manage to go out picking whelks, shoplifting and breaking into places to steal, then sell the things they have took. They also walk faster than anyone I know when off to get their fix. Also, the person who has had the stroke retired 2 years ago after spending his whole life paying tax and NI so why should he work in an office anyway. Also, how would he get there in the first place considering he can't drive any more. And what office would take on a guy who has worked in the merchant navy, fish farms and crofts all his life anyway?

i cant agree with you more mucklejoe, the verminous little pirks even thieve weelks off folk who aren't able to gather , claim n toss the lot off on drugs to a higher level of vermin also claiming no doubt. Its a shambles and disgrace and tho the system ought to be overhauled on G.P.s records and the likes of scan results etc its not the case n wont be either. In my opinion its nanny state vs bully boy state all rolled into one n its a purge to beat the peasants back to victorian standards

1. i dont think you understand addictions in the workplace at all. would you employ a drug addict to do a job that another able bodied person could? i know i would not even think about it. an addiction can make someone unable to work because they are classed as a very high risk, where as someone who has had a stroke or similar is classed as just a "risk".

2. im not saying they should work, i was just saying that there is options available to them if they wanted to go back to work. im sorry but if a doctor declares you capable for work then you must be capable for work. if the person does not want to work there is not a single benefit they can claim to get money. i know for jobseekers you have to actively looking for work + be open to being put on training courses that will help you get back into work

3. there is amazing things called "PUBLIC TRANSPORT" that people use to get around these days

4. look at my answer for number 2 about the training available

1. i dont think you understand addictions in the workplace at all. would you employ a drug addict to do a job that another able bodied person could? i know i would not even think about it. an addiction can make someone unable to work because they are classed as a very high risk, where as someone who has had a stroke or similar is classed as just a "risk".

2. im not saying they should work, i was just saying that there is options available to them if they wanted to go back to work. im sorry but if a doctor declares you capable for work then you must be capable for work. if the person does not want to work there is not a single benefit they can claim to get money. i know for jobseekers you have to actively looking for work + be open to being put on training courses that will help you get back into work

3. there is amazing things called "PUBLIC TRANSPORT" that people use to get around these days

5. a drug addict can easily be cured and possibly thier thieving lying manky lives , a stroke victim cant

6.theres folk worked bloomin hard tryin to get ahead n suffered skeletal damage and related conditions such as arthritis who have been flung off sick pay by hired in foreign dr on performance related bonuses

7. its easy to dictate to the poorly when your fit

8. some would view life in an office on national minimum wages as the removal of life

9.why are all these immigrants clogging up our benefit system n why has the reptile govt got us fighting over nuts n splashing out billions on wars n bankers

5. a drug addict can easily be cured and possibly thier thieving lying manky lives , a stroke victim cant

6.theres folk worked bloomin hard tryin to get ahead n suffered skeletal damage and related conditions such as arthritis who have been flung off sick pay by hired in foreign dr on performance related bonuses

7. its easy to dictate to the poorly when your fit

8. some would view life in an office on national minimum wages as the removal of life

9.why are all these immigrants clogging up our benefit system n why has the reptile govt got us fighting over nuts n splashing out billions on wars n bankers

that is one of the most stupid things someone has ever said on this forum that i have ever seen. addiction is not easily cured, where do you get this info at?

they get flung off disability because they are not classed as disabled (trust me i do know about these things) and they could still work within certain jobs

so you are saying you never believe what a doctor is saying to you? dont be so stupid. its called a professional opinion. now i understand that some folks will genuine folks will suffer because of this, but that is due to the amount of false claims over the years. im sorry to say this but its about time the government tightened their belt

well in that case they would not get any money from benefits then

i 100% agree with your last point but you could have also included the £80billion (i think or its a pretty close call)we pay to be in the EU, which could have been used to take us out of the bad state of finance we were in/ still in