Deportation of Sakchai Makao

DavieG

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may affect the validity of the petition results if people sign it multiple times. I would advice people to sign it once only, either the paper form or the online ePetition

The ePetition entries are clocking up at a good rate. 646 a second ago. There are 64 unconfirmed entries, so if you haven't already done so, please check your email and click the confirmation link

Keep up the good work folks

I think what the goverment are doing is wrong, but this young lad filled the criteria on their hit list to get non uk resedents out who had a record agenst their name.

It makes me wonder how many more people have they done this to and perhapes when we campain for our lad we should campain for others in the same situation. Im sure he has not been treated in anyother way that any one else in the same situation.

You often hear of entire familys, including small children, being dragged out of their beds in the early morning too and jailed.

What we need it this practice to change for everyone (and get our lad home)

one question that i was asked today was: If he came to Shetland with his family years ago were they not given citenship then? and How did the goverment find out he was here? questions i could not answer as i dont know him a tall.

good luck everyone though

Here's a few more links to news sites

Support for Sakchai snowballs - from http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/pages/latest_news.htm

Sister condemns deportation bid from http://news.bbc.co.uk

Politicians join fight to stop deportation of Thai sports star - from http://www.scotsman.com/

We're keeping a record in the Deportation of Sakchai Makao - ePetition & info section of all the stories we find on the net. If you know of any links, please post them here and we'll add them to the list

Can someone tell me how that IF Sakchai is 'illegal' then how come this has not come up when he has his disclosures for Clickimin, or indeed when he served his prison sentence?

Perhaps i have mis-understood something, but it just seems to me that this perhaps means our 'disclosure Scotland' checks are not what they are supposed to be.

Just a thot.

http://www.number10.gov.uk/output/Page821.asp

(As quoted from website)

The PM receives many thousands of letters, faxes, and emails every week. So unfortunately it is not practical for him to respond to all of your messages.

However all the emails received are read by staff in Downing Street and each month the Prime Minister receives a report on the issues raised, together with a representative sample of emails, a small number of which he aims to answer.

If the content of your message is private or personal, or you would like to be sure of a reply, you should write in confidence to Tony Blair at 10 Downing Street, London SW1 2AA.

If enough people email, then it will be evident in his monthly report - surely. GO ON!

Can someone tell me how that IF Sakchai is 'illegal' then how come this has not come up when he has his disclosures for Clickimin, or indeed when he served his prison sentence?

Perhaps i have mis-understood something, but it just seems to me that this perhaps means our 'disclosure Scotland' checks are not what they are supposed to be.

Just a thot.

that what i was thinking and how can you repersent a regon and scotland if he was? so i guess he must be, but then if he is not then what is this all about?

The petition........signed it and will not sign it again no matter how many people thrust it under my nose. Not that I would mind signing it 100 times but multiple signings do not look good and I fear that those going around seeking signatures will soon find almost every person the ask will have already signed or will be one of those types who refuse to.

Was amused to see that Alastair Carmichael has tabled a question in Parliament asking what the arrest has cost the taxpayer. A good move to get a bit more publicity.

Another link

Lawyer appointed to represent detained Shetland resident - from North Tonight (Grampian TV)

Its quite short and the page is slow to load, so I've pasted it below

Lawyer appointed to represent detained Shetland resident

08/06/2006 18:09

A lawyer has been appointed to represent a young Thai man detained following a raid in Shetland by police and immigration officers.

Twenty three-year-old Sakchai Makao, a top local athlete, is being detained in Durham jail after being arrested in Lerwick on Tuesday morning.

A legal representative is expected to see him tomorrow. A campaign is growing in Shetland to prevent possible deportation.

Hi just been back on now looking to see the latest news

I was at the pool today and you could tell some thing was missing and it was his smile.

just to say well done to the boys and good work we will be here for any help and suport we can give

try to get some sleep though boys you look shattered

everyone other keep up the good work and lets get him home to Shetland soon

and one for Sakchai if you get to read this all the best abd hope to see you soon

Just a thot.

that what i was thinking and how can you repersent a regon and scotland if he was? so i guess he must be, but then if he is not then what is this all about?

It's not that he is "illegal" as you ask, he has fallen foul of a Home office campaign that really has no relevance to his past or present behaviour.

Though he has a past conviction Sakchai has proven himself to be an asset and a benefit to the community. The kind of people the Home Office are supposed to be looking for are very different. If you want more info then by all means ask. I, or anybody else, would be happy to detail what a disgracegul travesty of justice this is.