Riots in London

Just curious on everyones opinions about the riots

its making my blood boil just watching the news, its mindless violence, do these rioters not realise that this is their own streets that they are attaking, burning and tearing up

They are pure scum, dreggs of society,

I hope that Scotland does not reduce themselve to the same violence.

Watching the prime minister doing his wee speach, telling folk to stop the riots, the majority of the rioters are not intelligent they wouldnt watch the news, the message will not be getting through waste of breath.

Just terrible

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are pure scum, dreggs of society,

Sarkozy wannabe?

It's maybe too easy not to understand being cosseted here. I'm not defending the rioters, but it's all too easy for the white middle classes to come out with idiotic statements without looking at what's happening.

^ Many aren't kids though, Paulb; many are in their 20s. Ilford was about one and a half miles from where I used to live. Why did I leave London? Because many of the incidents portrayed as part of these riots, such as the boy getting mugged, are DAILY occurrences. It wasn't unusual for a car to be set alight during daylight hours and it wasn't always the case that the car had been nicked either.

Want to be raped during the daytime? Want to remember not to carry a handbag on the tube because some thieving toerag will nick your purse? Want to remember every time you drive your car through a certain area, to ensure that central locking is on and regardless, have nothing lying on the passenger seat?

It makes no difference whatsoever which political party is in government - the only difference is that with so much press coverage the Police actually put more effort into catching the scum that do these mindless acts of violence on a regular basis.

'These people have no morality. They sponge off the taxpayer, they are thieves, have little respect for the law or society, they steal, loot, run riot through the city, have no concern for other people. And now they're coming home from holiday to sort the riots out........'

this old gentleman is probably a forgotten hero, there is every chance that he has spent time in a trench to give this country the freedom it is now abusing. Can't help but wonder if thes rioters are the product of a GTA generation who were never proberly disciplined, growing up under a government who keeps telling them they deserve more???