Deportation - Apparently A Debate Thread?? :?

Njugle

This section of the debate has been given it's own thread as it detracts from the subject matter in the main thread and really does not contribute to it (the first 28 posts in this thread were originally posted in the "Deportation of Sakchai Makao" thread)

More importantly, certain issues relating to forum usage have come to the moderators attention and it is this that is under investigation.

In keeping with our policy of fair and transparent moderation we have chosen to leave this section in the forum whilst the administrative investigation takes place.

Should any contributors wish to continue this line of debate SEPARATE from the main thread, which has a theme of best wishes and news, feel free to do so for now. Users may note there is also a thread for debating the greater issues of deportation available also.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

davieg....cheers for the comments.

nice to see someone is capable of seeing the points i was trying to raise.

i have nothing against sakchai...i did personally think he was an idiot, but that's my opinion, different age group, not much in common, nobody's gonna appeal to every1 and all that, so i'm NOT gonna use that against him.

I got agitated and heated up as i was forced to defend myself against people too busy reading between the lines of what i was saying (or trying to), rather than reading what i was ACTUALLY saying...but fair enough....forget about it.

As I have said on numerous occasions....what I think of him personally is irrelevant....he still didn't deserve this underhanded, heavy handed approach to a case that simply didn't merit this action.

I intended to raise awareness of issues that would need to be addressed to HELP the case.

In regards to the abuse hurling petitioners....I was raising issue on this as any negative response people have with people representing sakchai in this way will reflect badly on sakchai himself. If you want to help him, you cannot take this risk. I accept it's a small faction of the petitioners, but it's still too big a faction. ANY faction doing this is too big.

and in regards to his criminal past, i am aware that those directly representing him are not glossing over this fact (after all, attack is the best form of defence).

All i ask is that people stop wasting their time and effort attacking people that are HELPING, otherwise issues will get pushed aside by people feeling the need to defend themselves from attack that is unwarranted.

So, again, as i said, davieg....thanks for acknowledging my intentions.

peeriebryan, can you not give it a rest.

It is actually a very valid point i am making with the fact that i point out i don't have a high opion of sakchai. this is my opinion, but the wider issue is that it doesn't matter what you think of him as a person, he still doesn't deserve this to happen.

plenty of people will be thinking "i don't know, him, don't like him...whatever".

But the point is, despite how you think of him personally, he still deserves all the support going.

nobody is liked by everybody, but that doesn't matter.

so yes there is a time and place....and this is it.

the point being, put aside what you might think of him personally, and do what is the right thing to do.

and it is not a negative opinion, it is my opinion

My point was the language used, not the fact that you 'don't have a high opinion' of him. I agree with you that 'it doesn't matter what you think of him as a person, he still doesn't deserve this to happen'

As for 'give it a rest', that was the first time I addressed any point you have made so far

Please send me a Private Message if you want to discuss this with me to avoid taking the thread too far off topic

Oh lord .. I'm going to have to wade in here!

To those in this discussion thread that are caught within a perpetual misunderstanding perhaps you could read through the following thread:

http://www.shetlink.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=608&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

To see how easy it is to have your opinions, however meaningfully put forward, to be taken in the wrong context - however mistaken that is!

What I'm attempting to get here - but put so elequently by one of our members Fifi is the following:

http://www.shetlink.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=8889#8889

Writing into a forum board via your keyboard is not the same as having a structured discussion with peers face-to-face. There is no room for facial expressions and all the other things such an intonation that allow us as humans to interact with each other through spoken language.

We can try our best via email and forums, but we need to stick to boundaries of "Netiquette" to try and reach the same level of communcation.

This is in no-way a dig at anyone - I am merely attempting to difuse what has become an uneccessarily tense situation - and perhaps give indication as to why these things have come about.

Please lets all leave this tonight and sleep on it and take things in perspective tommorrow! and please lets not start digging up whats happened here today again.... take your points made a face value and move on.

Thank you.

Segatrix, the reason Sakchai is recieving such amazing support is a combination between how well liked he is and how kind he is (in a lot of peoples opinions) and how cruelly the home office are treating him.

1600 is an amazing figure! Lets try and get 2000 by the end of the week

Sorry to say this segatrix but you really should be reading between your own lines before trying to make a valid point...

i need do nothing of the sort as i wasn't being subtle or wanting people to read between the lines as i was saying exactly what i was putting accross.

and michael....WHEN DID I SAY HE DIDN'T DESERVE SUPPORT????

I am quickly losing any feelings of support for the guy if the people on here giving me a hard time about the points I raised....NONE OF WHICH WERE AGAINST HIM....are any indication of sakchai himself....and since his supporters are effectively his representatives, you are NOT doing yourself any favours.

RATHER THAN HAVING A GO AT ME BASED ON THE MISINTERPRETATIONS OTHER PEOPLE HAVE MADE, STATING THINGS I NEVER SAID, TRY READING MY ACTUAL POINTS....THEN SHUT UP!!!!

Sorry to say this segatrix but you really should be reading between your own lines before trying to make a valid point...

i need do nothing of the sort as i wasn't being subtle or wanting people to read between the lines as i was saying exactly what i was putting accross.

I am quickly losing any feelings of support for the guy if the people on here giving me a hard time about the points I raised....NONE OF WHICH WERE AGAINST HIM....are any indication of sakchai himself....and since his supporters are effectively his representatives, you are NOT doing yourself any favours.

RATHER THAN HAVING A GO AT ME BASED ON THE MISINTERPRETATIONS OTHER PEOPLE HAVE MADE, STATING THINGS I NEVER SAID, TRY READING MY ACTUAL POINTS....THEN SHUT UP!!!!

may i humbly suggest not taking other folks comments too personally. you seem to be fairly attack minded in your defence but i haven't read anything too malicious relating to yourself to warrant telling others where to go, especially if you don't want similar treatment back.

for the record i'm largely in agreement with your points of view, perhaps they can be represented in another thread before we end up with a mk. III of this effort?

may i humbly suggest not taking other folks comments too personally. you seem to be fairly attack minded in your defence but i haven't read anything too malicious relating to yourself to warrant telling others where to go, especially if you don't want similar treatment back.

for the record i'm largely in agreement with your points of view, perhaps they can be represented in another thread before we end up with a mk. III of this effort?

I have been paying close attention to this forum thread since its inception but had yet to post. I just want to say a couple of things that spring to mind.

Firstly, to all the people involved in the team from organising meetings, petitions, maintaining forum, etc - you guys are doing an awesome job. I am sure there are few places in the UK that could mobilise such a potent outpouring of community spirt.

Secondly, I feel this thread has taken a sour turn in the last day or so with all the back-biting. In particular, I really dont see why people (esp. Segatrix) need to comment on whether they particularly liked Sakchai or not. That is surely irrelevent ( I am sure most thread participants would agree). The facts in this case are pretty clear cut and that should be the focus of attention - Immigration folks get their facts wrong and arbitrarily arrest someone who has the express support of the local community. It would be a shame to see this thread spoiled by uneccesary negativity.

Wise words indeed jeemsie:

For those concerned in further pursuing the argumentative aspect of this please start a new thread if you like, that applies to both sides of this verbal squabble.

The eyes of people from all over the globe, media and politicians are watching this thread for information at the moment.

It is not the time for semantics.

The points being made may well all be valid and correct but it is not a personal issue and can surely be let go, or hammered out in it's own debate thread, before we have to split the thread, we may have to do that already.

Please.

Please lets all leave this tonight and sleep on it and take things in perspective tommorrow! and please lets not start digging up whats happened here today again.... take your points made a face value and move on.

Thank you.

you tryed.

come on guys, there is a reason for PMing. use it if you want to have any handbags at dawn moments... :roll:

i suggest a mass cull of obligitary comments from the last few pages. or maybe moved to a thread called Bickering, Or : Dispute Page (moan about things that would usually clog up other threads)

i suggest a mass cull of obligitary comments from the last few pages. or maybe moved to a thread called Bickering, Or : Dispute Page (moan about things that would usually clog up other threads)

excellent idea ... please give Auld Ramsie or folks like me a chance to follow up.

KISS - Keep It Simply Stupid ...

One Thread for one item ... ;-)

(Sorry for interviening from outside ... ;-) )