ruidh

The comments are as interesting as the article, which is one-sided. They pretty much negate a lot of what is said and to me, who knows little about the subject, sound more objective. Thanks for posting though, I agree its interesting.

As an aside, Northlink have a survey running on their website asking for input this week. I filled it in yesterday. My main gripe is the Aberdeen sailing time of 5pm, until they either ditch Orkney or go faster so all sailings are at 7pm I'm not likely to use the boat very much.

The comments are as interesting as the article, which is one-sided. They pretty much negate a lot of what is said and to me, who knows little about the subject, sound more objective. Thanks for posting though, I agree its interesting.

As an aside, Northlink have a survey running on their website asking for input this week. I filled it in yesterday. My main gripe is the Aberdeen sailing time of 5pm, until they either ditch Orkney or go faster so all sailings are at 7pm I'm not likely to use the boat very much.

Isn't the 5 oclock sailing to Aberdeen on alternative days?

Yes. 5 O' clock sailings from Aberdeen on Sat, Sun, Tues and Thurs. 7 O' clock sailings on Mon, Wed and Fri.

And for whatever reason the 5 o clock days always seem to be the ones that I'd return on - Sat/Sun for going to football for example - Could go to Pittodrie on Sat afternoon and get the boat back if it sailed at 7.

Yes. 5 O' clock sailings from Aberdeen on Sat, Sun, Tues and Thurs. 7 O' clock sailings on Mon, Wed and Fri.

And for whatever reason the 5 o clock days always seem to be the ones that I'd return on - Sat/Sun for going to football for example - Could go to Pittodrie on Sat afternoon and get the boat back if it sailed at 7.

It's probably saving you severe heartache by not visiting Pittodrie.

I'm a Jambo though - not much better, eh. 7 o clocks mean you can get back from away games in Dundee and Inverness if theyve been moved to 12:45 for TV, I do go to games but the ferry never works, its always flying which is pricier.

I'm a Jambo though - not much better, eh. 7 o clocks mean you can get back from away games in Dundee and Inverness if theyve been moved to 12:45 for TV, I do go to games but the ferry never works, its always flying which is pricier.

Expensive!!!