What is up with Shetlink??

I.S

how are we able to re-list an ad as i can't see any way of doing so, do we rec a e-mail to tell us ? it's now under 12 hours till my ad ends  I can;t see any re-list button, I also am not rec any messages from ads or queries i send too ,  and all the settings are correct in 'notifications' ????

Welcome to the Twilight Zone! Arf.

I've had erratic email notification of PM's since the changeover, but "in-house" it all seems to work as before. So if you have a live ad then it might be wise to log in as often as you can to check for messages.

As for re-listing, I thought there was an explanation from Trout with instructions somewhere here?

Notification emails have been kinda funky these last few days. We got the gimp out the box and they've been beaten into submission and looking into that.

When an advert expires you are sent a notification - ideally! - and then you can re-list. You can check it all out here:

http://www.shetlink.com/index.php?app=classifieds&module=manage

• 1 month later...

The new design is fairly ugly and slower than it used to be... probably too much mobile/tablet oriented or I don't know what... please bring back the classic theme!

I have found the new layout better once you get used to it, and so far the site is a lot more stable. At least you can get connected every time you visit now. As for speed, can't see any issue!

Overall a big improvement on what was :-)

Hi, it'll be because you're subscribed to that particular forum or topic. See at the top of this thread/topic there's a "Follow this topic" button. At the top of the forum itself such as Shetland News you'll see a "Follow this forum" button.

These buttons are linked with your http://www.shetlink.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=followed "Followed content" section; access that from that link or the dropdown where your username is in the top right header.

Figure out which one is activated and click on it again to stop subscribing. You can also edit your global notification settings from http://www.shetlink.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

The new design is fairly ugly and slower than it used to be... probably too much mobile/tablet oriented or I don't know what... please bring back the classic theme!

I have found the new layout better once you get used to it, and so far the site is a lot more stable. At least you can get connected every time you visit now. As for speed, can't see any issue!

Overall a big improvement on what was :-)

I take it all back, what's up with Shetlink again? Had difficulty connecting over the last couple of nights and slow getting into the likes of classifieds. Access to other sites as normal, only Shetlink giving problems. Pretty frustrating :-(