A load of pointless whinging

vailron

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have not seen a public thank you from sackchai yet, a post here would be nice, or an open letter to the shetland times thanking everyone for their support. especialy now tha the swans around like he owns the place

This is the "News" thread Vailron.

Bitter rants should probably be posted elsewhere.

The Judge has only recently issued the written findings of his case.

We're now in the period when the Home Office can appeal against the decision.

I'm sure the time for thanks will come after he knows he's home and dry, but that time isn't here yet.

it is not a bitter rant, but the facts, he hasnt publicly thanked those that hel[ped win the case, a letter to the times would be a nice gesture.

a) There might be more than a little wisdom in waiting the 10 days from last Friday, before counting any chickens and making assumptions that there is any done deal here. The time and place for thanks, is when it's all over, and until such time as Mr Reid et al publically admit to throwing in the towel, nothing much has fundamentally changed since that morning in early June when this all commenced. To be blunt, *if* the HO choose to pursue this matter, and are eventually successful, there is precious little to give thanks for. In fact, to be making public "Thankyou's" at this time could well be interpreted as assumptiveness of success and arrogance on Sakchai's part, the latter you yourself seem to already have issue with....

especialy now tha the swans around like he owns the place

B) In any case, it is strictly a lie to state Sakchai has made no public "Thankyou". Check Trout's link above....what more do you want at this stage. :?: :?:

Gratefulness isn't limited to the two words "Thank You". It can be expressed in many ways, verbal and nonverbal. Every time Sakchai has been interviewed on the news, on GMTV, and when he arrived back in Shetland, he has been effusive and articulate in his gratitude to the people who supported him. That was on National TV. National newspapers carried quotes of his gratitude toward his friends.

Just one example from 7 July's Guardian:

Speaking after the hearing, Mr Makao, who works at his local sports centre, thanked everyone who had campaigned for his release.

"I'm absolutely overjoyed and over the moon," he said. "It has been a very difficult last few weeks but because of the support I have received from home it has helped keep my spirits up. I think there is a lot of people to thank for a lot of hard work in the Shetland community and without them this could not have happened."

A list of newspaper articles, and TV articles is on this page. A little perusal will reveal thanks from Sakchai through the national and local media.

http://www.shetlink.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=850

I don't think you can get much more public than that.

i have not seen a public thank you from sackchai yet, a post here would be nice, or an open letter to the shetland times thanking everyone for their support. especialy now tha the swans around like he owns the place

This is the "News" thread Vailron.

Bitter rants should probably be posted elsewhere.

but then, da "debate" thread etc has been locked, so whaar else wis he supposed tae post?

but then, da "debate" thread etc has been locked, so whaar else wis he supposed tae post?

RE: the debate thread

That thread was locked for a cooling off period as the 'debate' had degenerated into a display of (what the moderators considered to be) ire and personal resentement, with little or no contructive points being made

The 'debate' thread has been unlocked, purely to keep this News thread clear of potential bile and bad feeling, which most users have no wish to be involved with (according to the substancial correspondance we have received regarding the 'debate' thread)

We will re-lock the 'debate' thread if users resume posting (what we consider to be) purposefully inflamatory comments, designed to provoke hostile responses

i do not want any thanks from someone as arrogant as sackchai. i fact this site is now the praise sackchai site and i for one have scertainly had enough. anyone that has had the bottle to air their true feelings on the matter has been highly criticised. sorry but i think it is now time to leave here, you really do know how how to keep your members