• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with LinkedIn Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

How to delete an ad once sold

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bodaeshus

bodaeshus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

I may be missing something obvious?

How do you delete an advert once sold, previously there was delete option and that was ad gone for good. All I can find now is 'close' ad option which leaves the ad lurking in classified manager.

Also, if using the 'watch' option, where can you view what you are watching?

#2 trout

trout

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 6438 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

There is no way to 'delete' an advert per se. Closing them will remove them from general view. They are left in the system for reporting functionality.

The watch option. I ended up breaking it so at the moment you have to inherently know you've 'subscribed' to an area and are receiving notification emails. You'll receive emails and then you can know where you're getting them from and 'unsubscribe' if required. Handy, eh?

#3 bodaeshus

bodaeshus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

Ok, Cheers. Regarding the delete option, all old ads will stay in my 'clasified manager' box forever?

Regarding the 'watch' option, I clicked the 'subscribe' button before and I received an email every time somebody posted an ad, but didnt give any other emails regarding watched items?  My inbox filled up quickly so I unsubscribed!

#4 Smaxo321

Smaxo321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:26 PM

Is there ANY way to delet old adverts??! I have a page full of really old items I've sold, and can't exactly 'manage' my content as I can't delete sold items. Really annoying!

Edited by Shoorley, 10 February 2015 - 08:27 PM.

#5 bodaeshus

bodaeshus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:33 PM

Hi, Yes, it is annoying have all your old ads trapped forever in your classified manager, even ads for items you've given up on trying to sell and given away or dumped now sit there 'expired'  surely its pointless? they were deletable previously so not sure why not now? Its a lot of stored information if you add up all the sold & expired items from all shetlink users

Not sure what 'reporting functionality' means?

However!?

#6 dougal

dougal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

I'd like to delete all my old ads but can't

Any chance of a delete button?

#7 tirvaluk

tirvaluk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

Go to your manage classifieds page and close them.

#8 dougal

dougal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:07 AM

I can see no "close" button on the ads nor any way to click to close them

#9 tirvaluk

tirvaluk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

If you go to your Manage Classifieds page you should see all your adverts. You can close them, they will stay in your classifieds page but won't be seen by anyone else.