Martial Arts Woes

Bolo

I have read forums, facebook and other media in shetland with lots of people asking about Martial arts and how Shetland doesnt have enough classes, yet the instructor of Shetland Kung Fu has tried 3 times to run classes in lerwick, each time not getting enough people to turn up,

The Class in the Sound Hall on Wednesday evenings will end up closing due to lack of support.

It needs more people !!!

We have an instructor here who has won 2 world championships, 2 european championships, has over 400 trophies from all over the world, He has already had his shetland students winning medals, and Still, only a few people turn up,

There are lots of diferent sides to this martial art. it isnt all about fighting, competitive fighting is an offered option

Pop along Wednesday, Sound Hall, 6:30pm .............even if it is just to have a look

B.Y.

How well have the classes been advertised up to now? Not my thing, but if it were I had no idea there was either an instructor or classes available now or in the past.

Just wondering if the folk asking about such things are or have been any more aware than I, or are they simply armchair enthusiasts who like the idea of it, but never get the finger out.

been advertised on Shetlink,

facebook,

on radio shetland,

also Reports in the shetland times,

google and flyers.

done free classes on open days at leisure centers,

I do think you may be correct tho "simply armchair enthusiasts who like the idea of it, but never get the finger out"

Its a pity tho, the class is good fun