Co-op out Aldi or Lidel in

Vik

That one went the rounds several months ago, it allegedly started on account of SIBC running an allegedly spoof advert for jobs in a Lidl in LK.

Anything is possible I suppose, but it wouldn't seem to make much sense really. Having two small north and south satellite stores and having to set up some sort of distribution hub in LK to receive incoming stock and dispatch as required in opposite directions, versus having a central store at the main population centre which can double as a distribution hub for the two satellites, doesn't leave much room for doubt that the latter option makes most sense IMHO, on paper at least.....

Dear Mr Ghostrider.

SIBC did not carry a "spoof advert". All adverts going out on the airwaves have to be approved as spoof adverts are illegal. It was a news item taken from an Aldi recruitment publicity item. 

Just setting the facts right. 

^ Yes, I believe the original source was allegedly the retailer's own publicity, and that information was then broadcast by SIBC. The retailer then allegedly rescinded what they'd previously published, claiming they weren't looking to recruit for a Shetland store, hence the ad being a "spoof".

If my original post gives the impression that it was an actual Ad run by SIBC that started the rumour, then I apologise for my lack of clarity. Its was, to the best of my knowledge, an advert run by the retailer in question, and the information contained within it then broadcast by SIBC.

very nice shop. but if the larger country stores like brae and mainlands are swallowed up by the coop or tescos it impacts on the wholesale suppliers and even more local producers. its a very negative move for all the remaining stores. do we really want to be dependent on either of the major 2. and a very serious situation for our local food production and that includes our meat production.