Hope he is made welcome

JustMe

I daresay that he has had loads of crap thrown at him over the years and, personally, I bear him no malice whatsoever but, if his "god" was serious about the company he was urging him to join then, surely, he would have sent him to the Western Isles.... :ponders:

Okay, let's deal with the unspeakable.

Here is a guy with disabilities, through no fault of his own ... just like thousands of other people, he has disabilities.  He got mugged, just like thousands of other people.  According to the media reports, over £300,000 was donated by people and he bought a place.  Further media reports that he couldn't settle in so again, 'charity' steps in and gives the place a makeover (and think of the publicity).

Media reports state he intends renting a property up here ... so what's gonna happen with the place he owns?  Rent it out?  Donate the income to charity?  According to one report, put it on the market.

Whether you care to acknowledge it or not, just how much money has the God Squad gleaned from pensioners and others over the years?  How rich are the churches and other religious organisations throughout the UK?  And is it just churches?  Someone got hounded by charities regarding their junk mail and had many standing orders/direct debits and departed this earth recently and jumped off a bridge.

What's that saying?  Money is the root of all evil ... and religious organisations are far from innocent.

If someone chooses to follow a 'calling' or whatever, then fair play to them. I believe it is possible to follow a religious calling without browbeating or brainwashing other folk - there's plenty of religious based charities and individuals out there who go about Gods (whichever god they've foolishly chosen over the FSM...all praise His Noodly Appendages....) work without using their religion to control other people. 

Also, I fail to see why the subject his personal wealth and how he chooses to spend it is anyones business but his own. 

I daresay that he has had loads of crap thrown at him over the years and, personally, I bear him no malice whatsoever but, if his "god" was serious about the company he was urging him to join then, surely, he would have sent him to the Western Isles.... :ponders:

Maybe we could just bundle up all the various kirk gangs littering about the place and ship them all over there? Surely they'd all be happy seeing as they've got so much in common....  :thmbsup