• Create Account

With your Shetlink login details, all classifieds, private messages, and invoices are now accessed through the new Njord | Market system. Please see Njord | Market FAQ for more details.

Photo

Student accommodation

news

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bon scott

bon scott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:03 PM

Hey looks like H.N.P. is on the move and there will be student accommodation instead. As planning permission was granted.
I was walking by today and thought 80 one bedrooms. 80 students. Maybe 50 to 60 cars. Mmmm..... where will they be parked. There is a lot less space around there than at Viewforth. So where are they going to park?
Just a thought.

Edited by bon scott, 09 July 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#2 wotsit

wotsit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:20 PM

Is it not 1 flat = I parking space,        or is SIC Planning overlooking/ ignoring this fact.

Probably depends on whose putting the planning application in.

#3 suuusssiiieee

suuusssiiieee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:28 PM

Another reason to hardly bother with objection letters as it seemed from day one this project was ring fenced to happen regardless of the views of local residents. The whole affair from start to finish reeks....

Edited by suuusssiiieee, 09 July 2016 - 03:29 PM.

#4 trowie246

trowie246

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:47 AM

Where are these 80 students coming from?  

#5 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

1crankymofo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9159 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:24 PM

Biggest damn fool scheme that the numpties in suits have dreamed up in a long time, its plain to see they neither live in or frequent the area, especially at weekends/evenings.

That chunk of road is bad enough with drunks slithering around between the Marlex, Legion and chippy and cars picking folk up/dropping them off at the best of times, before they added whoever lives in Irvine's Contractors flats, but to add up to another 80 students to the mix, with the going out on the razz en masse, and all their mates coming and going 24/7/365 they bring with them, is bordering on the psychopathic.

#6 Roachmill

Roachmill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1079 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

The balconies on the street facing flats will just be super-awesome. What a crackin' idea! I can't see any problems from after parties spilling out on to them, folk shouting all manner of niceties and never ever dropping a glass bottle or two at least once. 10/10 to the architect for adding those!

Now, get off my lawn!

Edited by Roachmill, 27 July 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#7 Scorrie

Scorrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1242 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:43 PM

As long as I get invites to all the parties, I don't give a f.......  B)

#8 George.

George.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:41 AM

Where are these 80 students coming from?  

100% councilors children, no doubt. Every and anyone else will be politely told that it's pre-booked - whether it is ir not!!!

#9 suuusssiiieee

suuusssiiieee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:30 PM

I wonder if a student bar will be installed in the hostel?. ;)

After all what's one more drinking establishment among friends.

• Lets do it likes this