Entry Policy - Mareel

Colin

I think it's reasonable to ascertain that somebody is 18 or over for an 18 cert. film.  I do not believe it is reasonable to prove they are over 25 in order to watch an 18 cert. film.

I have never been asked my age in any cinema or asked to provide ID for entry to a cinema.  Given my current age if I was asked for ID, I would refuse on principle.

I've only been asked my age once to a music venue when I was 27, that was the Marquee, Wardour Street, W1.  Thought it somewhat ironic, given I'd been attending since I was 15. ;-)

Afterthought:  I think staff get into the habit of asking for people's tickets and then automatically asking for ID without even looking up perhaps from their computer screens, much as in the same way if you're in McDonalds or the like and you're asked if you'd like a drink and dessert to go with the burger and chips, despite the fact you've already ordered burger, chips, drink and dessert - auto pilot mode.

Edited by Suffererof1crankymofo