^^"..The Tories are like the strict parents who don't give away pocket money willy-nilly..."

You're right there, one of the first things the Tories wanted to do in government was slash Scotlands budget by £7 Billion https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/24/john-swinney-treasury-cutting-billions-deal-scottish-westminister This cash raid was thwarted by the SNP which makes me wonder what kind of onslaught we would face without them looking after our interests.

Your right there Capeesh and they did a good job of fighting for Scotland on that occasion. We do need an opposition who will speak up for us and fight our corner against those in Westminster. However it didn't stop the SNP slashing Shetlands budget over the last few years and before you say, as Miriam has, that Shetland gets more per head than other Scottish authorities, there had to be a reason for that in the first place. The cost of living and operating a local authority in Shetland cannot be compared with Glasgow etc.

I see these constant cuts as no other than punishment for not voting in the SNP, just as I see the delay in introducing the ferry fare reduction or funding for internal ferries being used as a bribe. The majority of Shetland people are not stupid and can see through it.

The SNP are good at talking the talk, but when it comes to walking the walk, they have taken their eye of the day job. Yes they love to give it to those at Westminster and they're like a dog with a bone regarding independence despite Scotland already saying NO, but they will avoid getting into meaningful conversation about the day to day job and how they are not using the powers they have argued for or how standards like education are falling.

You speak about the importance of the need for the SNP being a buffer against decisions made in Westminster and I fully agree, my worry though is, if they were to gain Independence, who would be Shetlands buffer. No matter how good our MP was, one voice won't carry much weight. The SNP have already shown us that we are near the bottom of their list of importance.

^^"..The Tories are like the strict parents who don't give away pocket money willy-nilly..."

You're right there, one of the first things the Tories wanted to do in government was slash Scotlands budget by £7 Billion https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/24/john-swinney-treasury-cutting-billions-deal-scottish-westminister This cash raid was thwarted by the SNP which makes me wonder what kind of onslaught we would face without them looking after our interests.

You got to remember that Scotland wants to leave the UK,or at least that is the SNP view , so why would the rest of the country give two hoots about us.

Would you spend money on your husband or wife if they were desperate to leave you!

I see Miriam Brett's slogan for this election says: "Time for change."

Considering the SNP's achievements over the last 10 years include "The curriculum for excellence"

which has proved anything but! with plummeting standards in education. The disastrous multi

million pounds computer system which has left many farmers in dire financial straits, and the

never ending push towards centralisation.

Yes Miriam, Time for change indeed, right across Scotland!