• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with LinkedIn Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Internet connection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 George.

George.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

Well, that's my internet connection just come back. It went off at ten this morning and came back at twenty-five past. It's almost a daily thing, often off for a couple of hours or more. Wonder if, and when, they're going to do something about it. Plusnet, who I pay for my landline, make a lot of promises when I contact them but they have done for the last seven or eight years while doing nothing about it.

Any suggestions, apart from going satellite, on what could be done about this problem?

#2 Frances144

Frances144

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3764 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

Plusnet are awful. :(

T'net here is truly dire and Plusnet blame the little exchange run by two hamsters and a snail, with the odd pigeon popping by.

There are no plans to upgrade anything but meanwhile, back in the land of t'net.  But according to BBC News "Homes and businesses will have a legal right to demand faster broadband speed by 2020".... "Under the plan, broadband providers will face a legal requirement to provide this minimum standard to anyone requesting it, subject to a cost threshold."

I am not holding my breath tbh.

Interestingly, when our broadband died completely, I got a life!

#3 George.

George.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:02 PM

Two problems here. Plusnet are owned by British Telecom who deliver all landline signals, when the system is working around here. Also, although homes and businesses will have a legal right to moan and groan for a faster broadband speed, will they remain in contact with the rest of the world. My broadband speed is bearable - when it's working. Unfortunately, it isn't working for a goood period of time, on an almost daily basis. I would bet that this doesn't happen in Brae and certainly not in Lerwick where all the people that think they're important live.

Good on you for finding that no broadband could give you a life!!!