Exploration companions

slavaken

Hi, my name is Georgia Smith, and I stay in brae (for the moment).

​I want to start a vlog channel on youtube about abandoned and haunted places in Shetland.

I would love to get some great tips of places to visit and also if there is anyone else who would like to join me on trips.

I am starting up so I haven't got all the equipment, waiting to get a camera to start filming.

I do intend to do some ghost hunting as well, and maybe experiments

If there is anyone interested in being involved that would be great

Hi

You have to visit the Windhouse in Yell.

I visited it recently and have a really good weird photo from there.

Quite unexplainable.

There's also a haunted bit of road in Yell too.

That is a must see.

Wherever you go always ask the older locals as your more likely to get better information on where may be haunted.

Good hunting!

Hi

The road on Yell is through the part where the school and leisure centre is. Go up towards the shop, go past it for quarter mile and its there. Single track road. 3 of us saw a van disappear through the road. I pulled in to let him past and he disappeared in front of us. Sounds crazy but we all saw it. We all saw the same colour of paint the van was. Silver.

The one in Gott was an older person crashed his car in the winter and decided to walk across the fields and died. I saw him standing at the quarry. His description was verified by people I worked with.

Hi again Bluevac. Here's what I posted over on another thread back in July........

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

Has anyone had anything weird happen on the road from Mid Yell to Aywick? Got some friends visiting this week and we were over on Yell and as I was driving south on that road a car was seen approaching us from the direction of Aywick. The road dropped a bit so we lost sight of the car. I realised I needed to get to the next passing place at the top of the small rise, but when I got there the car was nowhere in sight. No side roads anywhere near that it could have gone down, and given the lay of the land I could see for a good distance. This happened around half two this afternoon. 

Go to Busta, the house is supposed to have a few non-alcoholic as well as alcoholic spirits floating around - whether they're as much of a 'advert' for the business as anything else, I couldn't possibly comment. I just never heard them mentioned until it became the home to a commercial venture.

Edited by Ghostrider