• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with LinkedIn Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Njord | Market - Classifieds

Thank you for your continued patience. Shetlink is happy to announce the launch of Njord | Market as an upgraded and focused software development for the Shetland community.

With your Shetlink login details, all classifieds, private messages, and invoices are now accessed through the new Njord | Market system. Please see Njord | Market FAQ for more details.

Photo

Whalsay

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Frances144

Frances144

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4183 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:13 PM

Is there anywhere on Whalsay folk can get a cup of tea and bite to eat at lunchtime?

#2 whalsa

whalsa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

Unfortunately there is not much. Both shops have tea/coffee and a microwave for pies and the like but there is nowhere to sit or anything. 

I think on a Friday and Saturday at lunch time you can get micro pizzas/pies in the Boating Club, and the chinese takeaway is in the pub most Saturdays but only opens at 4pm I think. 

Occasionally there are Sunday Teas or fish and chips days and these are usually extremely well attended. 

I think it is a real shame that there is nowhere to go for visitors, a cafe at the pier or somewhere would be ideal.