• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with LinkedIn Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Hello New Member

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nesty

nesty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:06 AM

Hi to All 

I don't live on Shetland. And from England (in peace)!

Though, joined as always admired Shetland. Looks a lovely place and looking to visit in 2018 (and maybe a few more times in the future).  If you want to know a place ask the locals. 

I have to say you look like you have a great community there.

• ETLerwick likes this

#2 ETLerwick

ETLerwick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:36 AM

It's important that you read all the posts on a topic -- not just one. Ask questions about what you need/ want to know.

You'll be welcome in Shetland! Especially if you operate with your curiosity, wide eyes and manners fully on display.

• Frances144 and nesty like this

#3 nesty

nesty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:42 AM

Cheers many thanks. Years ago I did Scotland coastal road trip starting at Glencoe and then hugging the West coast then east coast all around to Aberdeen, then ferry to Shetland. 

However, it took a while and by the time got to Aberdeen. All my holiday pot had vanished, had to leave Shetland for another sole trip!   

Edited by nesty, 19 March 2018 - 11:43 AM.

#4 The Cutty Sark

The Cutty Sark

• Social Media Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:15 PM

Personally. I believe if anyone visits and changes from a  "Visiting Scotland" to a "Visiting Nordic" perspective, they will find Shetland is a far more interesting place, especially as you travel the Islands off Mainland. Shetland is a land and a people born of the Sea.

Cheers many thanks. Years ago I did Scotland coastal road trip starting at Glencoe and then hugging the West coast then east coast all around to Aberdeen, then ferry to Shetland. 

However, it took a while and by the time got to Aberdeen. All my holiday pot had vanished, had to leave Shetland for another sole trip!   

• Frances144 likes this

#5 nesty

nesty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

As well as Shetland. The other one on the bucket list is Tromso, Norway for the northern lights.

I do like the Scandinavian countries. I went to the UEFA European Championships in Sweden in 1992. Though it was highly expensive even back then!