Mortgages

Shetland_boys

I recommend calling a 'fee free' mortgage broker service. I've used this company before and I found them to be very helpful and professional - https://www.landc.co.uk/

They'll run you through a series of questions to establish your personal and financial circumstances then search the whole mortgage market (not just the high street banks) and give you a few options. They looked after pretty much the whole process for me, and all I had to do was sign and return a few documents they sent me.

The mortgage brokers generally make their commission from a kickback from the mortgage provider.

There are plenty of other similar companies but some of the others I tried seemed a little confused about where Shetland is!

Edited by Davie P

• 4 years later...
40 minutes ago, Harynalivu said:

I totally get what you mean about some companies being confused about Shetland's location. It happens!

By the way, I was browsing online and came across a Mortgage Broker in Carlton. They seem pretty knowledgeable when it comes to mortgages and loans. Just thought I'd mention it in case you or anyone else in the forum is looking for some assistance in that area. Oh, and just a heads up, I'm new on this forum and excited to join the discussion. Looking forward to connecting with fellow members and sharing insights.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Shetland, you could start by checking out local banks or credit unions. They usually have mortgage advisers who can guide you through the process. It's also worth asking friends or family who have recently bought a home for recommendations. If you're open to considering advisers outside of Shetland, you might reach out to Mortgage Advisor Essex (*** moderator edit - link removed. Nice try! ***) He could assist you remotely and offer valuable insights.